Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Should pregnant moms get special privileges?

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2011 at 10:15 AM
  • 58 Replies

I was reading on another group about whether pregnant moms should have special privileges. What do you think?  If you're PG should you have special parking spaces or be able to cut to the front of the line?

Here's the Stir link.  http://thestir.cafemom.com/pregnancy/126951/being_pregnant_should_mean_you

by on Oct. 7, 2011 at 10:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
abmaddox1981
by on Oct. 7, 2011 at 10:19 AM
I just had a baby via csection and yes, preggos should get parking close to the door. Cutting in line? Nope.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armywife1229
by on Oct. 7, 2011 at 10:30 AM
2 moms liked this

Parking - sure. Cutting in lines - No. Why would you need that?

And, when I was pregnant, I thought I should get closer parking. AFTER I had the baby, I realized that I'd rather have it then. Its easier to carry them inside than out.

goddess99
by Michelle on Oct. 7, 2011 at 10:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Around here there are 2 different types of special parking: Handicap and elderly. I think if you're pregnant you should be able to park in the elderly parking area. During my 3rd trimester my legs and ankles were so swollen I would have loved to park a little closer. I felt and walked like I was 90. lol

splatz
by Sarah on Oct. 7, 2011 at 10:34 AM
We have pregnancy/new mom parking around here quite a bit.
But being able to cut in line at a food place? No.. I saw that article on the stir the other day.
Pregnancy shouldn't be used as an excuse to be lazy or get special privileges out in public. IMO.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armywife1229
by on Oct. 7, 2011 at 10:45 AM
1 mom liked this

I really think the pregnancy parking is beefiticial when you have another kid. I was carrying around an 18 month old when I was 6 months pregnant with my second. That's when I loved those parking spots.

jltplk25
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2011 at 11:15 AM
When we were stated at Irwin they had parking spaces for expectant moms/moms with babies up to 12 months. I think I used it once but felt dumb. Lol.

I however do not think a pregnant mom should be able to cut in line.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Paparazzi.Mom
by on Oct. 7, 2011 at 11:20 AM

Parking-okay sure....

Cutting in line?..No..

Pammi86
by Pamela on Oct. 7, 2011 at 12:10 PM
2 moms liked this
A lot of places have cut out the expecting or new mom parking and I think that's wrong. During my pregnancy I had some health issues but still had to do every day things like grocery shop and all! Parking closer would have really helped me out. One time I was waiting for a close spot and some guy stole the spot after I waited! I pulled up to him and said I'm 9 months pregnant a**hole! After that he walked with his head in shame lol! So, parking for pregos is def a good thing. Cutting in line, nope! But since I have been there I know how it is. If I see a full term prego lady in line for the bathroom and I'm ahead of her, ill let her go first! Or if she is trying to buy a few items compared to my huge cart full, again I let her go. Common courtesy is a big thing this world is missing! On another note, the expecting and new mom parking should be specific bc I also got a spot like that stole from me at Babies R'Us when I was 8 months prego! Some chick with kids around ages 3 and 5 parked there and she was clearly not pregnant. That's just taking advantage!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsnoble2004
by ♥Arlene♥ on Oct. 7, 2011 at 12:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I used to like the pregnant parking. Don't think cutting in line is necessary unless it's for the bathroom.

Brooklynsmom119
by on Oct. 7, 2011 at 12:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting mrsnoble2004:

I used to like the pregnant parking. Don't think cutting in line is necessary unless it's for the bathroom.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)