Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Should you stay married for the sake of the kids?

Posted by   + Show Post

What do you think? Is it better to stay in an unhappy marriage for the sake of the kids? Or is it better to split?

punching    

by on Oct. 10, 2011 at 1:53 PM
Replies (21-26):
sweetmissy_05
by on Oct. 11, 2011 at 12:21 PM

No!! If you aren't happy the kids aren't happy and it's not good to be in a relationship where all you do is fight and argue and there's stress......

JeniGirl76
by on Oct. 16, 2011 at 5:45 PM

I guess it depends on the people involved. Some can make it work. I could not. I had to run away with my son to keep up alive. If I don't like the situation I'm in, I leave.

Jennifer )O(

LyTe684
by Member on Oct. 16, 2011 at 10:39 PM
No. That's a dumb reason to stay together.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovelyLauren55
by on Oct. 17, 2011 at 9:17 AM

I think if you really have big issues, no, the kids dont need to be around fighting and hostility.....its just not healthy for them, IMO parents that are better off together are better parents in the end, and raise better kids

livestrong8087
by on Oct. 17, 2011 at 9:22 AM

in my opion it is better to split.... if you are unhappy your kids will see this and think that is how you are in a "happy home". would you want your child to be in the same problem 20 yrs from now?? since they are more likely to stay unhappy since you have..

im not saying break up. im saying look at thebig picture. you may need counsling. to give more advice. maybe together you could fix the unhappy parts. if not then i would leave. i wouldnt want my kids to see me unhappy or be unhappy as adults in the same issues....

thatgirl70
by Bronze Member on Oct. 17, 2011 at 11:13 AM

I think it depends. I mean if the parents are so miserable that it does no one any good (including the kids) for them to be together, then they shouldn't stay together. But I think if they can co-exist peacefully then maybe staying together isn't such a bad thing, at least until the kids are older.

Now in my case, my parents should have divorced when I was in my teens. They were a miserable couple back then and they still are today (I'm in my 40's now). I don't think they stayed together for me, but because they'd just grown so dependent on each other. But I was such an unhappy child/teen because of them.

DH and I don't have the perfect marriage, but we do love each other, and we love each other enough to stay married and even for the sake of our son. I could not imagine getting divorced and taking away the child that he adores so much and the same goes for him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)