Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

FREAKING OUT! 

So, my DD gets up this morning saying her stomach, head and throat hurt.  She's coughing, a lot.  She goes to the bathroom and comes out to tell me she's plugged the toilet.  I was nursing DS at the time so I told her I'd take care of it in a sec.  She goes to get dressed and then comes out just as I'm walking out of DS's room (I laid him back down) and asks if I can unplug the toilet cuz she thinks she's gonna throw up.  I go unplug it and about a half hour later she does indeed throw up.  She said her stomach felt better after that.  I gave her Tylenol for her head and she said about an hour later that all that hurt was her throat.  She's still coughing and sneezing a lot and her nose is runny. 

So then...my friend messages me (knowing Aubrey didn't go to school today) to let me know that there have been two confirmed cases of E. coli poisoning in our DD's school.  So now I'm freaking out.  Back in August there were 8 confirmed cases in our county and a 20 month old baby died. 

Should I take her to the dr tomorrow??  Or am I making a mountain out of a molehill? 

Michele, loving wife to Justin
 Aubrey 12/22/02
Gracey 1/7/08
 Oliver 6/28/11

by on Oct. 12, 2011 at 11:21 PM
Replies (11-14):
mom2gr8tgirls
by on Oct. 14, 2011 at 11:35 AM
Sorry...had no internet for 2 days. She is better. Thanks for all the advice! I didn't take her to the dr. She's had no other issues other than a cold. Still scary though!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Oct. 14, 2011 at 4:31 PM

I'm glad she's better :)

mom2gr8tgirls
by on Oct. 14, 2011 at 7:33 PM
Thanks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by Sarah on Oct. 14, 2011 at 9:40 PM

Glad she's feeling better!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN