Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Halloween crafts

Posted by on Oct. 13, 2011 at 7:19 PM
  • 10 Replies
What are some Halloween crafts you have done with your kids in the past or plan to do this year?

My 5 year old is off school 2 days next week and he loves crafts. So, it would be great to keep him busy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 13, 2011 at 7:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
splatz
by Sarah on Oct. 13, 2011 at 7:27 PM
We are doing a tissue paper spider kit tomorrow. No school tomorrow either, ack!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Oct. 13, 2011 at 7:36 PM

We've made pumpkins for family - out of paper and my dd glued on the eyes and mouth. Carved pumpkins. Took leaves, laid paper over them and colored over it. My dd doesn't have school tomorrow either, we are doing Laundry lol.

armywife1229
by on Oct. 13, 2011 at 7:45 PM

We are doing foam pumpkins, probably next week, after we hit the pumpkin patch.

splatz
by Sarah on Oct. 14, 2011 at 5:13 AM
How could I forget the leaf thing!? That will definitely be on our list.

SO works overnights during the week. So Cam isn't used to him being asleep during the day since he started school. I'm trying to find semi-quiet busy stuff for him.

Quoting goddess99:

We've made pumpkins for family - out of paper and my dd glued on the eyes and mouth. Carved pumpkins. Took leaves, laid paper over them and colored over it. My dd doesn't have school tomorrow either, we are doing Laundry lol.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3dragonflies
by on Oct. 14, 2011 at 5:30 AM

I have made handrint candy corn... very cute ... you paint their hands in the candy corn colors and press them onto light brown paper, I then cut around the hand and punch holes on the palms of hands and string them to make garland..... when painting keep their fingers closed... I will try to take a picture and post them so ypu can get a better idea if you don't understand.

I have also painted feet white and pressed them on black paper to make ghosts :) I could go on and on with some crafts..... can you tell I taught preschoolers, this is my favorite holiday to do crafts with them :)

splatz
by Sarah on Oct. 14, 2011 at 10:12 AM
I think I have the general idea of the candy corn. But, I would love to see pictures if you get the time!

The ghosts sound so cute too!

Quoting 3dragonflies:

I have made handrint candy corn... very cute ... you paint their hands in the candy corn colors and press them onto light brown paper, I then cut around the hand and punch holes on the palms of hands and string them to make garland..... when painting keep their fingers closed... I will try to take a picture and post them so ypu can get a better idea if you don't understand.

I have also painted feet white and pressed them on black paper to make ghosts :) I could go on and on with some crafts..... can you tell I taught preschoolers, this is my favorite holiday to do crafts with them :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2gr8tgirls
by on Oct. 14, 2011 at 11:33 AM
I'm teaching my oldest how to make bows. She wants to make her own. I'm totally gonna try that candy corn thing!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3dragonflies
by on Oct. 14, 2011 at 6:06 PM

I also bought black hand towels and painted the ghosts on that with fabric paint of course, make ssure you put the towel through the dryes before washing after you have painted them, it will keep the prints from fading, don't forget to  use their thumb for the eyes and mouth...

you can also make spiders with their hand prints... I will try to get some pics over the weekend... I do alot with my kids handprints, they will last for ever :)

Quoting splatz:

I think I have the general idea of the candy corn. But, I would love to see pictures if you get the time!

The ghosts sound so cute too!

Quoting 3dragonflies:

splatz
by Sarah on Oct. 14, 2011 at 9:43 PM
So, our spider project was a flop. I sat and did it alone while he went outside lol. It didn't work right so I'm glad he didn't try it though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Oct. 14, 2011 at 9:43 PM

Not sure yet. We are looking for ideas right now. There are so many to choose from.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN