Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

To Work or Not to Work

Posted by on Oct. 14, 2011 at 8:38 AM
  • 27 Replies

Why is this always the question for me? Why can't I just pick something and stick to it!

by on Oct. 14, 2011 at 8:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LovelyLauren55
by on Oct. 14, 2011 at 8:46 AM

Hmmm...I choose NOT to work, but thats basically bc it would be too expensive to pay for daycare....

jltplk25
by Gold Member on Oct. 14, 2011 at 9:00 AM
That's always my hang up- daycare. My mil usually watches the kids but we do try to compensate for her time then there's the issue of gas since she lives in the total opposite direction of most places I could work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armywife1229
by on Oct. 15, 2011 at 10:29 PM

If I went back to work, paying for daycare would not be an issue. I just can't decide if I really want to.

mrsnoble2004
by ♥Arlene♥ on Oct. 15, 2011 at 10:42 PM

Well...You could give part time a try and see if that helps you make up your mind. I chose not to work well for a pay check anyway. I do a lot of volunteering at the girls school.

armywife1229
by on Oct. 15, 2011 at 10:48 PM

Part time, unfortunately, would cause more of an issue with child care. I would need a full-time position in order to get full-time care. :( I've applied for some jobs, I'll just see what happens and see if they fit our lifestyle.

mrsnoble2004
by ♥Arlene♥ on Oct. 15, 2011 at 11:14 PM

What kind of work do you usually do?

jltplk25
by Gold Member on Oct. 15, 2011 at 11:19 PM
Best of luck!! I'm supposed to fill in for my sil so I never get to work. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LindaClement
by on Oct. 15, 2011 at 11:50 PM

I chose not to work for a lot of reasons: not having strangers raise my kids was high on the list.

AimeeE
by on Oct. 16, 2011 at 12:03 AM
I decided not to work and stay home. I may decide to work part time once the kids are in school full time....but I'm not sure yet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armywife1229
by on Oct. 16, 2011 at 8:43 AM

My degree is in emergency management and that is what I'd love to do, but its not feasible while the kids are little and DH is in the army. The hours are just too unpredictable. I'm looking at some office work, perhaps using my undergrad degree which is Geography and Business.

Quoting mrsnoble2004:

What kind of work do you usually do?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)