Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

A question for breastfeedin' mommas

Posted by on Oct. 14, 2011 at 2:45 PM
  • 9 Replies
After you weaned/quit nursing, how long did it take for your cycle to become regular?

With Lexi I has a cycle in may but didn't have another one until July, about a week or so after she was fully weaned. Even now they're not as consistent as before. I know cycles can change due to a lot of things but it's so frustrating to think that my cycle is on ___ day but comes x days early/late. I wasn't supposed to have mine until the 21st but aunt flo dropped in early. :-/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 14, 2011 at 2:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
goddess99
by Michelle on Oct. 14, 2011 at 2:47 PM

BUMP

jltplk25
by Gold Member on Oct. 14, 2011 at 3:06 PM
Omg. "I has.." I sound like a degenerate punk who lacks any comprehension of the English language!! Ah! I promise I'm not that dumb. Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2gr8tgirls
by on Oct. 14, 2011 at 7:37 PM
With Gracey I was still nursing but I got my period back when she was about 9 months. It was regular right away. With Oliver I still haven't gotten it but he's only 3 months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyHoney22
by on Oct. 14, 2011 at 11:33 PM
I was only 7 weeks postpartum and got mine back, but was and still am nursing. Now I'm on depo I dunno if it's the meds or the BF that stopped it...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsnoble2004
by on Oct. 15, 2011 at 9:10 AM

I wasn't able to BF so here's a bump.

LovelyLauren55
by on Oct. 15, 2011 at 9:12 AM

breastfeeding never really messed up my cycle....tho i went on the shot soon after giving birth

jltplk25
by Gold Member on Oct. 15, 2011 at 9:41 AM
See with both kids I never had a period until right before their 1st birthday. With Landon it was regular right away but with Lexi it's all over the place. One month I'm late, the next I'm a couple days early and this month I'm a week early. I only took birth control while breastfeeding when I had Landon, too but that lasted only a couple months.
armywife1229
by on Oct. 15, 2011 at 10:38 PM

My cycles have never been regular. They were non existent while nursing and then went crazy on the Paraguard and now are gone again, maybe once every 3 weeks on the Mirena.

AimeeE
by on Oct. 16, 2011 at 3:42 AM
With my boys it took anywhere from 6-12 months. Sorry i couldnt be more help. :(
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN