Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Costume ideas (PIOG)

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2011 at 8:07 PM
  • 8 Replies
Ok, so I need ideas on how to make a free halloween costume for myself.

The back story is my 4 year old son as I'm picking out my 6 mo clothes comes and sits beside me and says, "I'll buy you one, I'll count all my money and use all my money so you can can do it too" I was really confused so I say to him, "buy me what, buddy?" he then tells me he wants to buy me a Halloween costume so I can dress up too. I told him it was okay, I didn't need to dress up. He then said, "No, I really want you to, I'll buy you one, I'll use all my money!" (he was happy about this). I finally got him to agree to help me make one, he felt a little better.

So, I need costume ideas that are free and easy to make? Help? Ideas?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 15, 2011 at 8:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
goddess99
by Michelle on Oct. 15, 2011 at 8:14 PM

OOh Idk, I'll have to think.......

mrsnoble2004
by on Oct. 15, 2011 at 9:29 PM

hippie (closet rumaging or thrift store)

tickled pink (wear all pink)

devil (red shirt, pants, shoes and a pair of horns)

scare crow (worn out pants, flannel shirt, and a hat long grass or straw sticking out of sleeves, under hat, out of pant legs extra)

mrsnoble2004
by on Oct. 15, 2011 at 9:32 PM

Blow up a bunch of green or purple balloons attach them to your clothes and go as a bunch of grapes

or you could just do the front with multiple colors of balloons and make a large dart and you could be the balloon dart game

MommyWeston
by on Oct. 15, 2011 at 9:38 PM

Ghost, Hobo, Clown. old man or old women, mummy, spider, butterfly, baseball player, basketball player, cheerleading, zombie

splatz
by Sarah on Oct. 15, 2011 at 9:59 PM
I know you said free... But dollar tree has a boatload of stuff for $1 that was pretty cute. They had a pirate hat and a little pirate kit we picked up with an eye patch and stuff.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armywife1229
by on Oct. 15, 2011 at 10:27 PM

Toga

mrsnoble2004
by on Oct. 15, 2011 at 10:42 PM

Oh almost forgot. Lots of costumes on Listia right now.

mom2gr8tgirls
by on Oct. 16, 2011 at 12:49 AM
I went as a scarecrow a couple times. Jeans, a flannel, some boots and a cowboy hat. Then I used brown eyeliner (make sure you have a good makeup remover!) to color a triangle on my nose and dotted freckles on my cheeks. I was comfortable and looked pretty cute!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)