Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Do washing machines have to be so expensive???? Mine is broke and just for someone local to come and look at it, it is $60. ugh!!!!

Join us on:
**AMY**

by on Oct. 16, 2011 at 12:22 PM
Replies (11-19):
TheGreatCthulhu
by on Oct. 17, 2011 at 3:42 AM

:( I'm sorry.

amy7243
by on Oct. 17, 2011 at 6:03 AM
Quoting AimeeE:

If you can make due until black friday, you'll be able to find a killer deal! I'm a black friday shopping, crazy lady.....it's all about getting a good deal!:) if you check all the deals in your area, you should be able to save AT LEAST half!!!

I'm going to try! The money I'm spending at the laundry mat could be going towards a new one!
momofsixangels
by on Oct. 17, 2011 at 9:16 AM

Laundry sucks anyways.Lol

splatz
by Sarah on Oct. 17, 2011 at 9:36 AM
True.
Can't we just buy new clothes instead? lol

Quoting momofsixangels:

Laundry sucks anyways.Lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LindaClement
by on Oct. 17, 2011 at 11:50 AM

Our washer died and I said that out loud near someone I knew a bit, and he offered his old mom's one that they'd just put into storage 'cause she'd moved into a home and they didn't know what to do with it.

A few years later, one daughter's friend's dad was getting together with a new woman and they had 2 sets, so they gave us the older pair. We gave our old pair (our original dryer and the free replacement washer) to a friend's son whose girlfriend had just had a baby.

I'm often amazed at what's available free for the asking...

Quoting Janet:

To buy one is even worse! Mine is old it lasted for YEARS!!!!! It finally bit the dust and I can't afford to replace it. When I do it will be like a luxury I been without it for a while now. I do miss it.

Erna2
by Member on Oct. 17, 2011 at 1:18 PM

About 6 months ago mine died and flooded my laundry room! It was awful!! Thankfully, dh has decent credit and got me a new one the next day!! He got me a top load high efficiency one for 600.00. I love how clean it gets our clothes!! Everything will work out. Check out Lowe's. They usually have where you don't have any payments or interest for 6 months. By then it is tax season and you can just pay it off. That's what we did with our new refrigerator last year.....<3

Pammi86
by Pamela on Oct. 17, 2011 at 2:33 PM

I have yet to purchase one bc our old apartment had no where for it but our new one we are moving into has a basement so come tax time I will be sucking it up and purchasing one! I hope I don't regret it! Good luck with yours, I can only imagine the pain it is! : /

LACHESIS
by on Oct. 18, 2011 at 5:34 PM
Hopefully remember this. I so want a new front loader. My sister and mom lived in our place before us and to say stuff was used on the rough side...is an understatement!

Quoting AimeeE:

If you can make due until black friday, you'll be able to find a killer deal! I'm a black friday shopping, crazy lady.....it's all about getting a good deal!:) if you check all the deals in your area, you should be able to save AT LEAST half!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AimeeE
by on Oct. 19, 2011 at 5:55 PM
Quoting LACHESIS:

For the last few years sears has had a deal on there kenmore front loaders. Regular price, 698 each. Black friday sale price....$598 for the PAIR!!! Amazing deal!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)