Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tattooed Barbie: Fun or just too much?

Posted by on Oct. 18, 2011 at 8:20 AM
  • 20 Replies

Thoughts?

by on Oct. 18, 2011 at 8:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DYNARAH
by on Oct. 18, 2011 at 8:23 AM

Oh, she's pretty. Want to add her to my collection. I don't mind. Dh has tattoos and dd (3yrs) says she wants tattoos just like daddy. Just have to explain it's a form of self-expression and art. Choose what represents you, not what just looks nice or others are getting.

LovelyLauren55
by on Oct. 18, 2011 at 9:11 AM

I say FUN!

abmaddox1981
by Bronze Member on Oct. 18, 2011 at 9:14 AM
I think its great. Dh and I both have tats,and I get my big kids temporary tats all the time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pregowithfifth
by on Oct. 18, 2011 at 9:18 AM
1 mom liked this

I love it!  I am a tattooed mom and I have 4 kids (another on the way) and we have taught our children that they are free to be who they are and not who everyone wants them to be (including DH and I).  My oldest changes her hair color all the time and at 15 she wants her nose pierced and also has her first tatt picked out (something she drew herself when I had my last misscarriage).  Barbie dolls have always been something that I think gives little girls ideas of what they can be but on the other hand they teach our girls the wrong body image and I think that having a more realistic (never happen with the shape) barbie is just teaching our girls that it is ok to express yourself.

jltplk25
by Gold Member on Oct. 18, 2011 at 9:18 AM
I think it's kinda cute. Dh has tats and I've let Landon draw his own.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2gr8tgirls
by Gold Member on Oct. 18, 2011 at 9:18 AM
Psh...I want that Barbie! My girls would love her. They're so accustomed to seeing tattoos...I'm fairly heavily tattooed. Is this an actual Barbie for sale?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by Sarah on Oct. 18, 2011 at 9:53 AM
She is totally cute! Seriously... I kind of want her. Just don't think I could use the excuse of DD wants her at one year old, lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2gr8tgirls
by Gold Member on Oct. 18, 2011 at 10:04 AM
Ok...I did some research on her. She is not being marketed to children. She is being marketed strictly to adults. You can purchase her on the Barbie website for $50.

The only issue I have is she comes with a dog/dinosaur thing named Bastardino. Uh...k...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
buella
by on Oct. 18, 2011 at 10:33 AM

cute.. as long as it's tasteful who cares

mandileah
by on Oct. 18, 2011 at 10:37 AM
Cute!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)