Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I hit a road block....

Posted by on Oct. 18, 2011 at 10:13 AM
  • 19 Replies

Im stuck in a food rut. Each week it seems like the same things. Anyone have any inexpensive ideas. Keep in mind 3 nights I have to have dinner donein 30 min or less.

by on Oct. 18, 2011 at 10:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
buella
by on Oct. 18, 2011 at 10:14 AM

tonight I am making crockpot coneys

splatz
by Sarah on Oct. 18, 2011 at 10:18 AM
I feel the same way. Our go to quick meal has been taco salad lately. I'm getting so burnt out on it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
buella
by on Oct. 18, 2011 at 10:41 AM

ours is blt salad LOL

splatz
by Sarah on Oct. 18, 2011 at 10:49 AM
Oooh that sounds good! Minus the fact nobody here would eat it lol.

What about quesadillas (sp?) or chicken wraps? Those are quick and pretty cheap.
The george foreman and crockpot are my favorite ways to cook.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
buella
by on Oct. 18, 2011 at 10:55 AM

Crockpot is my go to on the days I have to be ready in 30 min or less. I start it before work and come home to TA DA

Dont Laugh but i have no luck with tortillas. IDK what im doing wrong

goddess99
by Michelle on Oct. 18, 2011 at 11:17 AM

Here's a BUMP

I am not a cook by any stretch of the imagination.

splatz
by Sarah on Oct. 18, 2011 at 11:27 AM
George foreman makes them so easy! I just throw something together. Then let the george foreman press/heat it.
We love some chicken, cheese, and a tiny bit of bacon rolled up then pressed on the GF. So easy!

Quoting buella:

Crockpot is my go to on the days I have to be ready in 30 min or less. I start it before work and come home to TA DA

Dont Laugh but i have no luck with tortillas. IDK what im doing wrong

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsnoble2004
by ♥Arlene♥ on Oct. 18, 2011 at 12:00 PM

I was going to say chili dogs, lol.

Quoting buella:

tonight I am making crockpot coneys

LindaClement
by on Oct. 18, 2011 at 12:24 PM

I recently did a workshop at my speaking club about creativity in the kitchen, which I declared requires three things:

1. a backup plan (pbj, canned soup, frozen burritos --anything that makes it so you feel free to experiment a little and maybe fail a couple of big times a year)

2. feed your brain (cookbooks, websites, ask questions [yay!], eat out, watch cooking shows, try new things)

3. feed your pantry (check out your local farmer's markets regularly, look for local ethnic delis and markets --you can often buy unusual foods in suprising places, buy things you've never seen before, never tried before, never heard of and google them when you get home)

I have an attention span issue when it comes to cooking: I HATE making the same thing over and over again. Hate it. Want to kill people and destroy things. So, just having a pantry filled with Indian, Mexican, Chinese, Japanese, Thai, French, Greek, Italian, German, Iranian, Turkish, Aussie, English, Scot, Spanish, Equadorian, African, Portuguese and Canadian herbs, spices and condiments means I can make it a different way, even if it's kinda the same as the last 100 times I made it...

jltplk25
by Gold Member on Oct. 18, 2011 at 4:22 PM

I like going to allrecipes.com and kraft.com to browse recipes. I recently tried something called "angel chicken' and it turned out REALLY good. You can throw it in a crock pot on low for 4-5 hours or high for 2-3. I will be back with the recipe. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)