Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

keeping kids home from school on short school days

Posted by on Oct. 19, 2011 at 3:53 PM
  • 8 Replies

Today I let my preschooler stay home from school because they let out at 11:15 well now I have been made to feel like i'm the most horrible person because I have done this and that I don't care about my child future and I am teaching him bad habits but I thought It would be an okay thing because he has had a bad week at school and figure he just needed a break and if it so important that they stay in school every single day then why does my  school have so many days out of school they have anywhere from 1-3 no school days a month. I just don't see how it really that big of a deal it's one day and i don't know give me your point of view if you want to

by on Oct. 19, 2011 at 3:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Mama2ETA
by Member on Oct. 19, 2011 at 3:55 PM

who said you were horrible? Ive done it before, just didnt make it a habit.

kwakefield
by on Oct. 19, 2011 at 3:58 PM

No one said I was horrible it just my mom and the school made me feel that way because they both got on me about it. but I mean he my kid and I never keep him home from school I figured its one day and there only going to school for 3 hours anyways. just didn't know it was going to be such a big deal.

goddess99
by Michelle on Oct. 19, 2011 at 5:01 PM

We have half days sometimes too but I always send my dd to school regardless.

MommyWeston
by on Oct. 19, 2011 at 7:39 PM

My kids don't have short days anymore, they took them all way and gave them pa days instead so I haven't dealt with this but I don't think what you did is horrible. I probably would have done the same thing.

fallnangel3
by on Oct. 19, 2011 at 7:42 PM

For preschool I don't see it as being a big deal.  If it was elementary or highschool then I could see how it was an issue though.

kwakefield
by on Oct. 19, 2011 at 7:44 PM

(mommyweston)that sound like a good idea kind of wish my child school would do something like that. they have all these early out day and they just add more every year it seems kind of pointless to send them to school on those day even though I usually do today is the first day I didn't but that only because he had a bad week and figure one day wasn't going to hurt that much.

jltplk25
by Gold Member on Oct. 19, 2011 at 10:06 PM
This. :)

Quoting fallnangel3:

For preschool I don't see it as being a big deal.  If it was elementary or highschool then I could see how it was an issue though.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsnoble2004
by on Oct. 19, 2011 at 11:00 PM

I don't see the big deal. I've kept mine out for a full day when it seems like everything is getting to them. I just tell the school they need some one on one mommy and me time. My school seems to think it's a good idea so they don't give me any slack. Course I tell the girls they only get one I'm having a bad week I don't feel like it day a year.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN