Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

4 y/o who won't listen

Posted by on Oct. 23, 2011 at 5:57 PM
  • 11 Replies

my ss is 4 and he REFUSES to listen to me. he cries to get what he wants from his dad his dad won't listen to me about my input on it. ik its his kids but shoulnd't i have some say in stuff??!?! not sure what to do makes me wanna leave please help

by on Oct. 23, 2011 at 5:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Oct. 23, 2011 at 6:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Personally I think this is a husband/SO problem not a kid problem. 4 years olds don't listen, but a grown man should.

USAFamily
by on Oct. 23, 2011 at 7:14 PM
I think you and your Dh need to have a serious talk and not around the kids. You have to plan out how you want to co-parent and need to be on the same page. It is not ok to ever undermine the other parent; it is just setting the example for how the kids should treat you.
jassysmama
by on Oct. 23, 2011 at 9:29 PM
I've tried many times. He just replies their my kids I'll raise them how I want. It annoys me to death Elijahs a totally different kid when hubby isn't around. Jasmine who's two is starting to actokr him
jltplk25
by Gold Member on Oct. 23, 2011 at 10:24 PM
Your husband is not helping matters, especially if he's cutting you down in front of your ss. I realize he isn't your child by birth but that is no excuse to allow that child to be disrespectful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VintageWife
by Bronze Member on Oct. 23, 2011 at 11:15 PM

No matter who's kid he is, he needs to follow house rules when he is at your home. There is no reason for kids to have different sets of rules and behavior requirements.

jassysmama
by on Oct. 23, 2011 at 11:22 PM
I agree Its not fair to me. Elijah knows how to work his dad. He just cries to get what he wants. Elijah can tell it upsets me and he smiles when he gets what he wants
VintageWife
by Bronze Member on Oct. 23, 2011 at 11:23 PM

Oh no :(

jassysmama
by on Oct. 23, 2011 at 11:27 PM
Quoting jassysmama:

my ss is 4 and he REFUSES to listen to me. he cries to get what he wants from his dad his dad won't listen to me about my input on it. ik its his kids but shoulnd't i have some say in stuff??!?! not sure what to do makes me wanna leave please help

LovelyLauren55
by on Oct. 24, 2011 at 10:04 AM

Agreed, have you talked to your hubby at all? Parents need to be on the same page for parenting to be a success

Quoting goddess99:

Personally I think this is a husband/SO problem not a kid problem. 4 years olds don't listen, but a grown man should.

the.real.me
by on Oct. 24, 2011 at 12:00 PM
Quoting jassysmama:

I've tried many times. He just replies their my kids I'll raise them how I want. It annoys me to death Elijahs a totally different kid when hubby isn't around. Jasmine who's two is starting to actokr him

Sounds like you have TWO problems.... a dh who doesnt parent and a DH who disrespects his wife. I'd have a bigger problem with the second....
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)