Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

What are foods worth buying organic? And which aren't?

Posted by on Oct. 24, 2011 at 1:20 AM
  • 5 Replies

Are you an organic family? 

Was it easy to make the change? 

by on Oct. 24, 2011 at 1:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Jpjenn
by on Oct. 24, 2011 at 1:26 AM
We eat some things organic and some not. Basically what I've read is the foods that are the best to buy organic are ones where you eat the skins. Like berries, apples, peaches, potatoes, ect. But that of it has a peel that you remove before eating like bananas and oranges then it's not as big of a deal to go organic. The hardest part for us is the cost difference but that's getting better with more demand.
Nattiesmom10
by on Oct. 24, 2011 at 1:26 AM

We are not.  I watched a special where they proved that theres not really any difference in organic produce and non organic.  They also did taste tests & people who only ate organic always picked the non organic to taste better.  (Not downing anyone who chooses to be an organic family just my opinion)

mom2gr8tgirls
by on Oct. 24, 2011 at 8:44 AM
The only thing I eat organic is my granola bars...I'm obsessed with those Clif bars. I love the white chocolate macadamia nut ones. I just wish they weren't so expensive...it's like $5.50 for a box of 6!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abmaddox1981
by on Oct. 24, 2011 at 8:47 AM
We buy a good number of things organic, but mostly I watch for things like grapes, apples, lettuce, spinach....anything that we don't peel befor we eat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Oct. 24, 2011 at 10:26 AM

We are really that organic. I just shop for what we want, if it happens to be organic, fine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN