Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Pumpkin Monkey Bread Recipe

Posted by on Oct. 24, 2011 at 10:29 AM
  • 4 Replies

Sorry I didn't get a chance to get on here and post it yesterday!  But here it is!  It took me and my friend about 4 1/2 hrs (2 1/2 hrs of that is waiting for dough to rise or baking) to make...so clear your schedule!  lol

Dough:
3 1/4 c flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
2 tbsp melted butter
1/2 c warm milk
1/4 warm water
2/3 c pureed pumpkin
1/4 c sugar
2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast

Coating/Layering:
1 c sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1 stick butter, melted
1 block cream cheese (NOT softened)
12 oz pecan pieces

Topping: (optional)
Powdered sugar

Whisk together the flour, salt and pumpkin pie spice.  In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, water, pumpkin, melted butter, sugar and yeast.  Add wet ingredients to dry.  After mixing, knead the dough.  Knead by hand for 8-10 mins or we used my stand mixer to knead the dough...took about 10 mins and we had to add just a little bit of flour. 

Once the dough is elastic, coat a stainless steel bowl with cooking spray and set dough ball in.  Cover with towel and allow the dough to rise for about 1 hour.  The ball will double in size.  While the dough is rising, cut the cream cheese into blocks.  You'll need about 45-50 cubes so cut small.  Put back in the refridgerator to keep them cold. 

After the dough has risen, you need to roll out 1 1/2" balls.  I peeled a piece off the ball and flattened it, then put a block of cream cheese in the center, covered it and then rolled it into a ball.  It's much easier to do it this way than to make a ball and try to add the cream cheese.

Melt the butter in a bowl and in a separate bowl mix together sugar and cinnamon.  Dip each ball in the melted butter then the sugar/cinnamon.  Place loosely in a bundt pan.  Once you have a layer of dough balls, add a layer of pecans.  Continue with this method until all dough balls are in pan.  **NOTE: I did not use the pecans and it was still amazing...so to me, the pecans are optional.**

After layering is done, sprinkle and leftover butter, sugar/cinnamon over bread.  Cover with a towel and allow to rise for another hour.  Once dough has risen again, bake in oven at 350 degrees for 30-35 mins.    Let cool for 10 mins and turn out onto platter.  Serve warm. 

by on Oct. 24, 2011 at 10:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
LovelyLauren55
by on Oct. 24, 2011 at 10:30 AM

OMG! YAY! Thanks SO much!!!!!

goddess99
by Michelle on Oct. 24, 2011 at 10:55 AM

4 and 1/2 hours wow. Not for me lol

goddess99
by Michelle on Oct. 24, 2011 at 10:56 AM

If I had that much free time, I would sleep not cook or bake.

Quoting goddess99:

4 and 1/2 hours wow. Not for me lol

mom2gr8tgirls
by Gold Member on Oct. 24, 2011 at 11:14 AM
Remember though ladies...2 1/2 hrs of that is waiting. So you could be doing other things. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)