Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Having kids in a row!

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2011 at 1:48 PM
  • 13 Replies
I have a 2yr old and 6month old. I really want to start ttc in February (if ive lost the weight I'm trying to loose) but I'm scared that people will think my husband and I are irresponsible. I hear a lot of people say "it's irresponsible for young people to have so many kids".

We can afford it though and were not THAT young. We're 25(Dh) and 22(me). I am working hard to loose the weight. I really hope to be ttc in February!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 26, 2011 at 1:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Oct. 26, 2011 at 2:02 PM

You shouldn't worry about what others think. If it makes you and your hubby happy and can afford it that is all that matters.

.jade.
by on Oct. 26, 2011 at 2:04 PM
Screw what other people say! I've heard that crap since I started having kids! Go ahead and have another lil one! ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2gr8tgirls
by on Oct. 26, 2011 at 2:05 PM
I'm in the opposite boat...kinda. We have 3, ages (almost) 9, (almost) 4 and 4 months and I want to ttc starting next fall...I'll be 32 then, DH will be almost 33. We get a bunch of crap for wanting more kids and being "too old." We only want one more... Why do people have to be so judgmental? I say do what makes you happy, damn everyone else. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
USAFamily
by on Oct. 26, 2011 at 2:36 PM

Honestly, I would wait until your youngest is 2ish. 2 kids (once the baby is mobile) is HARD. I thought it would be easy peasy- but it just isn't. My youngest has a totally different personality than my oldest, she is adventurous, fights, but she was also very sick from the time she turned 1 until about 2. I cannot imagine having 3 kids in the middle of all that.

But if it is what you want, I don't think it is irresponsible-- it's just hard :) Good luck with whatever you decide!

deccaf
by on Oct. 26, 2011 at 2:44 PM

Other people cannot know what your family, finances and capabilities are.  They can only know what they see and they never see the whole picture unless they live with you.  Don't let others dictate what you do, because you will not be happy.

jltplk25
by Gold Member on Oct. 26, 2011 at 3:30 PM
1 mom liked this
You're either too old or too young... Doesn't matter what you do. Lol. Only you know what is right for your family and your situation. If you can handel it, then who are we to judge?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by Sarah on Oct. 26, 2011 at 4:18 PM
If you always made your choices on what would make everyone else happy. Then you would never be truly happy.

I say if you can handle that many little ones, go for it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yourpassion
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2011 at 4:22 PM

too old. hahaha...i have 2 and i was 33 when my son was born and 35 when my daughter was born. just made me laugh!  i am now 38 and i don't feel a day over 25, well maybe 26. hahaha...good luck to you though!  a nice even number.

anyway, to the OP, i wouldn't worry about what others think either.  i agree with mom2gr8girls...people shouldn't be so judgemental.

Quoting mom2gr8tgirls:

I'm in the opposite boat...kinda. We have 3, ages (almost) 9, (almost) 4 and 4 months and I want to ttc starting next fall...I'll be 32 then, DH will be almost 33. We get a bunch of crap for wanting more kids and being "too old." We only want one more... Why do people have to be so judgmental? I say do what makes you happy, damn everyone else. :)

goddess99
by Michelle on Oct. 26, 2011 at 7:05 PM

I think if you have a strong relationship and really can afford it then go for it.

louzannalady
by on Oct. 26, 2011 at 7:10 PM

I say go for it! You and your SO know what you can afford mentally, physically, emotionally and finanicially. When you are done, you'll know it! Goodness knows I can't say much! Our first was five months, when we conceived our second one! (We lost it, but we were happy to be preggers, again!) My hubby just turned 30 and I'm almost 28.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)