Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

I CHALLENGE YOU!!!!!!

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2011 at 7:38 PM
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this

How many random acts of kindness (RAK) can you do for the next week?  There are so many awful things on the news right now that I've just been inspired.  I'm sick of seeing people hurting others.  What is this world coming to??  I want better for my children, and YOURS!!!!  Let's show our children what it means and how it feels to just be nice and do good in this world!!! 

Post your RAKs in the replies!!  I wanna read about POSITIVE things for a while!!!! :D

I'll start it off:  I had a walk-in client today wanting a haircut, her hair was very damaged.  She works the overnight shift and she had to bring in her 3yo dd because she can't afford daycare (Daddy stays home with lo at night and works during the day).  This family very obviously doesn't have a pot to piss in.  I wanted to help her, so I gave her a deep conditioning/reconstructing treatment for free and while she was sitting under the dryer, I washed, dried, curled and styled her little girl's hair at no cost.  She and her daughter both walked out looking and feeling like a million bucks.... and mom seemed to be walking a little taller.  I still charged the mom for the haircut... but they still walked out of the salon with $50 worth of services for free.  The little girl was excited and calling herself a "princess" and the smile on the mom's face was just priceless. :)

I'm divorced mommy of three and there are no "baby daddies". I'm a staunch right wing republican and a professional cosmetologist (hair, nails, makeup etc) working my tail off to make my own way in this world. I breastfed my kids and rewarded myself with a boob job to put back what the breastfeeding fairy took away. I believe in tough love, rules, boundaries, discipline and follow through. My kids do not rule the roost. They say yes ma'am, no ma'am, yes please and no thank you. Because of the values and respect that I've taught them, other people don't mind being around them. I spanked my kids just like my mom spanked me and we've all turned out fine. We're a hard playin', fun lovin' family. This is me, take it or leave it.

by on Oct. 26, 2011 at 7:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
goddess99
by Michelle on Oct. 26, 2011 at 7:47 PM
2 moms liked this

Omg I'm putting on a massive carnival in the next few days and have given $500 worth of tickets out for free to poor families already. My acts of kindness will be enormous in the next few days.

Great idea though. Hope others will participate!

Pammi86
by on Oct. 26, 2011 at 11:22 PM
1 mom liked this
I am attempting to get my boss to let us do a collection with the kids at work for Toys for Tots, adopt a family and a soldier. Its the little things especially around the holidays!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
praisinghim2day
by on Oct. 27, 2011 at 1:37 AM
Quoting Pammi86:

I am attempting to get my boss to let us do a collection with the kids at work for Toys for Tots, adopt a family and a soldier. Its the little things especially around the holidays!

Let us know how it goes!

I'm divorced mommy of three and there are no "baby daddies". I'm a staunch right wing republican and a professional cosmetologist (hair, nails, makeup etc) working my tail off to make my own way in this world. I breastfed my kids and rewarded myself with a boob job to put back what the breastfeeding fairy took away. I believe in tough love, rules, boundaries, discipline and follow through. My kids do not rule the roost. They say yes ma'am, no ma'am, yes please and no thank you. Because of the values and respect that I've taught them, other people don't mind being around them. I spanked my kids just like my mom spanked me and we've all turned out fine. We're a hard playin', fun lovin' family. This is me, take it or leave it.

CheyennesMommy2
by on Oct. 27, 2011 at 5:57 AM
I like never leave my house but I want to do something! I'm a sahm and my Dh takes our vehicle to work till he gets his "work car" new breaks. Any ideas?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Oct. 27, 2011 at 9:22 AM

See if your area is doing some type of Christmas cards for the Troops. If so, write out Christmas cards. I did that for years. All sorts of organizations will be doing bake sales in the next month, find out where and bake things to donate. Go thru your closet and pull out things that don't fit anymore and donate them to a woman's shelter. There are sooooo many things you could do. I do all those things and more without even thinking.

Quoting CheyennesMommy2:

I like never leave my house but I want to do something! I'm a sahm and my Dh takes our vehicle to work till he gets his "work car" new breaks. Any ideas?

mom_of_twingirl
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2011 at 9:29 AM
I the next month i will be collecting things for out areas toys for tots program, and after i collect them i will go in an help, organize the toys and the pock them out and then at the end of the day i will be sitting there waiting for them to get picked up, i have been doin this my whole life. My girls go with and help to they love it. But while i am collecting the gift this year i am looking for something else to do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abmaddox1981
by on Oct. 27, 2011 at 9:41 AM
1 mom liked this
A friend of mine's 16yr old daughter had a baby with a 14yr old boy, aparently they were doing the deed in the band room at the highschool. Well the boy is refusing to help, his mom told my friend and her daughter that it was their resposibility. I had my baby 3 weeks after she had hers and a bunch of people have been giving me clothes, bottles, bedding, and all sorts of things so I've been giving them over half the clothes, and I just got a swing and highchair through the cafemom influencer program so I gave them my swing and highchair instead of selling them even though I could really use the extra money. Also, since they don't have a car, I have been either running errand for them, or picking them up and taking them where they need to go. Also my daughter and I have been doing christmas cards for soldiers, we will be shipping those the Monday after thanksgiving.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN