Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

what is wrong with people!!!

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2011 at 10:52 PM
  • 9 Replies
Today I was at Family Dollar, for those of u who know what that is lol! Anyways its new and in Webster which is suppose to be a nice part of town! Well, some guy came in and stole meds and when the cashier confronted him he screamed and jumped around like a crazy man! I took my baby to the back of the store where we couldn't be seen and listened until he finally ran out of the store with the meds! I didn't feel safe in the situation and was trying to protect my child just in case. He was at the front of the store so I couldn't sneak out! It kind of shook me up bc ya never know what crazy people like that will do! I don't understand this world! Just a few weeks ago in the same area my dad saved a 15 year old life. She met some guy offline and he claimed to be 18. When she got there he was a 45 year old! He tried to pay her for sex and she was scared. When she took the money he started undressing and she took off running out his house. My dad was working at our church and saw the guy trying to run her over with his car. My dad got in his car and drove her to a gas station where she locked herself in the bathroom why the police got there. The guy chased them all the way there. They say he would have killed her if my dad wasn't there to save her. Its just a shame this world and it scares me knowing my daughter has to grow up in it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 26, 2011 at 10:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
buella
by on Oct. 26, 2011 at 11:04 PM

what a nut..

CheyennesMommy2
by on Oct. 27, 2011 at 5:59 AM
Wow! It's scary how ppl are these days! A lil store down in nashville(Ohio) just got robbed at gunpoint! And around here is country and Amish...but people are desperate I guess :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofsixangels
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2011 at 7:47 AM

People are crazy!!! I am in Orlando and I swear everyday there is a new shooting or robbery.Its scary just to leave the house.

mickeymouse28
by on Oct. 27, 2011 at 7:55 AM

I swear some people.....but I think with the economy of this country it's only going to get worse though. But thanks goodness for that young girl that your dad was their and that guy didn't hurt him or that girl!!

goddess99
by Michelle on Oct. 27, 2011 at 9:12 AM
2 moms liked this

Yep people are stupid but you also shouldn't be 15 trying to pick up strangers!!

Janet
by Ruby Member on Oct. 27, 2011 at 9:44 AM

You are right to be scared, so am I. I have raised my kids. My youngest is 20 and she is chronically ill, so I still take care and help her a lot. She is just a little thing, she drives to her doctor appt and all. I worry about her. She has been followed in her car before. Just a stupid drunk guy wanting to talk to her. Followed her from the gas station.

I also am raising 2 of my grandsons ages 6 and 8 now and I am very protective over them, you have to be! There was a man a month or so ago trying to lure a girl in his car after school. The school sent flyer's home about it describing him and giving warnings. Yes, it is a scary world.

I have to agree with Pamm on the 15 year old girl!

jltplk25
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2011 at 9:52 AM
Wow...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsnoble2004
by on Oct. 27, 2011 at 1:03 PM

geez

Pammi86
by Pamela on Oct. 28, 2011 at 12:06 PM

Yeah I totally agree that the 15 year old shouldn't meet people online bc ya never know! And the 45 year old! What a sicko! My hubby works for a school and some guy has been driving around trying to get girls into the car and exposing himself so the school has sent out letters here too! This is just a very scary place these days! I wish it wasn't so bad! Its really sad what the world has come to.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN