Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

too much to ask?

Posted by on Oct. 28, 2011 at 11:19 AM
  • 9 Replies

since when it is too much to ask for an almost 5 year old child to dress herself for school in the morning in a timely manner too much to ask and too high of an expectation? my dd has been dressing herself alone since she was 2, there is no reason it should take her almost 30 mins to put on pants, a shirt, socks and shoes, and sometimes panties depending on if she got a bath before bed or not. and its not like she has to look for clothes to put on, i lay them out for her every morning. ugh!

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers
by on Oct. 28, 2011 at 11:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Teeshann
by Member on Oct. 28, 2011 at 12:04 PM

LOL. was it just the day? my daughter is 6 and was taking her sweet time this morning.

Pammi86
by Pamela on Oct. 28, 2011 at 12:08 PM

I don't think it is too much to ask but kids that age are still not old enough to really focus on it! I know it must be tough but hang in there momma! Soon she will be all grown up and you will wish she was small again!

lette_with_2
by on Oct. 28, 2011 at 12:13 PM

it is usually wed and thurs (no school most firdays) mon and tues she is pretty good about it

Quoting Teeshann:

LOL. was it just the day? my daughter is 6 and was taking her sweet time this morning.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers
splatz
by Sarah on Oct. 28, 2011 at 12:37 PM
I don't think so!
My 5 year old has been super slow getting ready every morning this week. I don't know what has been up with him. If it happens again on Monday, I guess he will just need to wake up earlier.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shellie830
by on Oct. 28, 2011 at 12:40 PM
What time is she going to bed? This is the second post you have made about this... She is still your baby chill take a breath and calm down just suck it up and dress her yourself if you cannot handle the stress of her doing it herself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lette_with_2
by on Oct. 28, 2011 at 1:15 PM

im sure you stated your opinion in my other post so there was no reason for oyu to post here. if you a sick of reading about it then dont open posts by me. thanks! 

Quoting shellie830:

What time is she going to bed? This is the second post you have made about this... She is still your baby chill take a breath and calm down just suck it up and dress her yourself if you cannot handle the stress of her doing it herself.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers
mrsnoble2004
by on Oct. 28, 2011 at 1:41 PM

mine's pretty good at dragging her feet too, lol

shellie830
by on Oct. 28, 2011 at 3:31 PM
Okay I am starting to see it is not your poor dd that you are mean to alone it is everyone. That poor little girl! You need toto see someone for some anger management and chill the fuck out! I never said I was sick of it I just stated this is the second post. Take a step back and look at it from her point of view. Grow up and stop bullying your child and anyone who says anything against you who is not there in person to stand up to you!

Quoting lette_with_2:

im sure you stated your opinion in my other post so there was no reason for oyu to post here. if you a sick of reading about it then dont open posts by me. thanks! 

Quoting shellie830:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Oct. 30, 2011 at 12:38 PM

my dd is 9 and still takes her forever to throw her clothes on.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)