Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

My week in a nutshell (more or less a vent)

Posted by   + Show Post

The insanity begins Monday. I supposed to go in for my annual exam Tuesday but they called and said I had to re-schedule because the doctor won't be there. Fine. It's just a check-up and I feel okay so whatever I say go ahead and push it back a couple weeks. Tuesday starts out like any other day. I take the girls to school, I get home. It's just me and I'm feeling unusually tired so I decide to take a nap.

Well two hours later I wake up in so much pain I can barely walk. It's hard to breathe and I'm hit by the worst hot flashes I've ever had. Sitting on the side of the tub covered in sweat I debate calling dh at work. At this point I feel like my right side is in a vise and I'm violently ill. I sit back down, look at the phone and it rings. Its dh. I tell him whats going on and he tells me to let him know if I need him to come home and just take it easy. A few hours later the pain is gone, still a little nauseous but now my shoulder hurts.

Wednesday the pain is back but not as bad so I just deal with it. Thursday I go to walk in at the health dept. to refill my BC since they re-scheduled my appointment. I tell them what's been going on and she looks worried. She leaves the room, comes back and tells me I either have an ovarian cyst or ectopic pregnancy. If the pain continues or gets worse go to a real doctor. I go home. In pain and stressed out crying telling dh what she said it's decided I'll go to the doctor today.

I spend my entire morning at the doctor's office this morning just to find out my back is so screwed up it's making the front hurt. Sitting here waiting on my prescriptions  to be ready, convincing myself it is not worth the effort to go back down to the health dept. to Gibbs SLAP the woman that made me think I was going to die.

by on Oct. 28, 2011 at 2:25 PM
Replies (11-13):
goddess99
by Michelle on Oct. 30, 2011 at 6:26 PM

aww well I hope it gets better soon.. I would call the school and see if they Need you or if they have more than enough volunteers, Maybe you could stay home..?

Quoting mrsnoble2004:

Back is still hurting. Don't imagine tomorrow will be any better since I volunteered to chaperone the field trip to the zoo before it started bothering me. The muscle relaxer is allowing me to sleep at night but it's hard getting through the day even with the really strong motrin.

Quoting goddess99:

=( are you better now?

mrsnoble2004
by ♥Arlene♥ on Oct. 30, 2011 at 6:30 PM

I already missed the assembly dd was singing in with her class because I was at the doctor. Also missed youngest getting her first shining citizenship award during the assembly. ( The teacher forgot to tell about it.) I can't miss the field trip too.

Quoting goddess99:

aww well I hope it gets better soon.. I would call the school and see if they Need you or if they have more than enough volunteers, Maybe you could stay home..?

Quoting mrsnoble2004:

Back is still hurting. Don't imagine tomorrow will be any better since I volunteered to chaperone the field trip to the zoo before it started bothering me. The muscle relaxer is allowing me to sleep at night but it's hard getting through the day even with the really strong motrin.

Quoting goddess99:

=( are you better now?

mrsnoble2004
by ♥Arlene♥ on Oct. 30, 2011 at 6:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Pics from last night before I forget

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)