Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Tv ..I know it's bad

Posted by on Oct. 28, 2011 at 4:26 PM
  • 9 Replies
But it's winter and about January my dd gets all colored, crafted, toyed, and tented out! She's 2 and last winter about January it felt like all we did was watch movies! What do you do in the winter to keep your younger kids busy? I usually only take her outside like 2 times a week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 28, 2011 at 4:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
CheyennesMommy2
by on Oct. 28, 2011 at 4:27 PM
And we go to the library every Wednesday for play group.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yourpassion
by Bronze Member on Oct. 28, 2011 at 4:31 PM

i took them to my wed morning bible study, sometimes to the mall to play (only if it was bath night), shopping at target for the popcorn special, and of course TV.  they are both in school this year so thankfully i won't have to worry about it as much.

CheyennesMommy2
by on Oct. 28, 2011 at 4:47 PM
I can't go out of my town..and most this winter I will be without a vehicle
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsnoble2004
by ♥Arlene♥ on Oct. 28, 2011 at 5:10 PM

We have fairly mild winters here so we still get to go outside most of it. On the off chance it snows we bundle up so we aren't stuck inside. Wal-mart bags over the socks before the boots come on to keep our feet dry and build snowmen. There's also digging out the driveway and the neighbors.

yourpassion
by Bronze Member on Oct. 28, 2011 at 5:14 PM

ahhh...can you invite people to your house for a playdate?  baking?  movies are fun too though.  i have no suggestions, to be honest, we hang out at home a lot when the kids aren't in school.  there are 3 or 4 shows on they love to watch, and i'm okay with that.

so i'm going with, do what you have to to stay sane!

Quoting CheyennesMommy2:

PEEK05
by on Oct. 28, 2011 at 5:15 PM

We do our normal stuff, including go outside. I live in Washington state. We can't avoid the winter LOL.

CheyennesMommy2
by on Oct. 28, 2011 at 5:25 PM
I don't care if she watches but I feel bad cause everyone's always "blah blah it rots there brains" and she's only 2. But bakings a good idea cause she likes to help.

Quoting yourpassion:

ahhh...can you invite people to your house for a playdate?  baking?  movies are fun too though.  i have no suggestions, to be honest, we hang out at home a lot when the kids aren't in school.  there are 3 or 4 shows on they love to watch, and i'm okay with that.

so i'm going with, do what you have to to stay sane!

Quoting CheyennesMommy2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CheyennesMommy2
by on Oct. 28, 2011 at 5:26 PM
I'm in Ohio and in the country it gets rough. And they never plow!

Quoting PEEK05:

We do our normal stuff, including go outside. I live in Washington state. We can't avoid the winter LOL.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Oct. 30, 2011 at 12:35 PM

Idk? We did all the same stuff: Tea parties, coloring, crafts, snowmen, movies, well at least at Xmas you get new toys and movies...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)