Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

cold formula

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2011 at 1:54 PM
  • 9 Replies

so my son is a month old today and the past couple of days hes been refusing to sleep and will just scream his head off while he fights it

well i had left a 2 ounce bottle of formula in the fridge over night and this morning he drank it no problem and then slept no problem.

is it bad to give an infant cold formula like that?

by on Oct. 29, 2011 at 1:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mrs_smiph
by on Oct. 29, 2011 at 1:56 PM

It couldn't be any worse than giving them warm formula.

splatz
by Sarah on Oct. 29, 2011 at 1:58 PM
If the bottle has already been drank out of its supposed to be used within 30 minutes. I think? Something about bacteria..

I'm sure someone will know for sure. I always made them fresh and pitched all the leftovers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Levimama11
by on Oct. 29, 2011 at 2:13 PM

well it was fresh. i NEVER give him left overs. I had made it for him last night, but he had finally given into sleep. so when i gave it to him this morning he did great with it. 

i asked my mom about it and she said the cold cand hurt his tummy. but its been about 5 hours since he had that bottle and he hasnt been fussing or squirming or anything. which is a miracle because the last 3 days hes been screaming and crying after every bottle

mrsnoble2004
by ♥Arlene♥ on Oct. 29, 2011 at 3:28 PM

I don't know. Maybe he likes it better cold.

dilateyourmind
by on Oct. 29, 2011 at 3:30 PM

NO

splatz
by Sarah on Oct. 29, 2011 at 7:40 PM
Ah, ok I wasn't sure what exactly you meant.

No, it can't hurt him because its cold. Honestly I think that will just make it easier to transition to milk at a year if he likes cold drinks!

Quoting Levimama11:

well it was fresh. i NEVER give him left overs. I had made it for him last night, but he had finally given into sleep. so when i gave it to him this morning he did great with it. 

i asked my mom about it and she said the cold cand hurt his tummy. but its been about 5 hours since he had that bottle and he hasnt been fussing or squirming or anything. which is a miracle because the last 3 days hes been screaming and crying after every bottle

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovelyLauren55
by on Oct. 29, 2011 at 9:38 PM

My nephew was always given breast milk and formula cold (she works and pumped for him) i dont think anything is wrong with that, tho i personally warm my babies milk

armywife1229
by on Oct. 30, 2011 at 8:27 AM

Nope, as long as they're eating!

goddess99
by Michelle on Oct. 30, 2011 at 11:40 AM

If that's what he likes then I don't see a problem.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)