Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you ever quit a job because you were unhappy in it?

Posted by on Oct. 31, 2011 at 10:40 AM
  • 28 Replies

Was it a hard decision to make?

Were you in the job long?

by on Oct. 31, 2011 at 10:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Oct. 31, 2011 at 12:21 PM

I quit a job I became unhappy in. It was an easy decision. Do I sit here all day or do I sit at home with my dd all day? Easy! I was there for a few years.

justgg
by on Oct. 31, 2011 at 1:21 PM

quit no get fired on purpose yes.........

LyTe684
by Member on Oct. 31, 2011 at 4:44 PM

Yes I have. No it wasn't hard. Staying there was harder. I was there for almost 2 years.

I used to cry every day that I had to go there. Literally. I decided I was way to young for that... called them and said I wasn't returning.

The ladies that were the 'shit stirrers' were all fired shortly after I quit. Ha. Karma much?

mrsnoble2004
by ♥Arlene♥ on Oct. 31, 2011 at 5:19 PM

Yes I have and it was an easy decision for me. I was there two days.

the3Rs
by on Oct. 31, 2011 at 10:01 PM
I have quit a couple of jobs due to unhappiness. They were both easy decisions, & I had only been at one for a month, & the other for a few months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2gr8tgirls
by Gold Member on Oct. 31, 2011 at 11:21 PM
I quit my last job after 3 months. I worked at a salon owned by 2 sisters who were spoiled brats. They had no idea what they were doing and were incredibly rude and condescending. They actually refused to interview a girl cuz she was "too fat for our pretty salon."

I gave a 2 week notice and she had me work til the second to last day. On that day she put me on a one day suspension for letting my manager (her sister and co-owner) ring out one of my guests. Even though there was nothing in the handbook or ever said about someone else ringing your guests. I'm so glad not there anymore!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anotherandree
by on Oct. 31, 2011 at 11:23 PM

I worked at a job for a year and HATED it.  I cried nearly everyday on my way there.  I quit, but only AFTER I found another one.  However, being at that job certainly gave me the motivation to search for a new job.  I ended up finding one with a significant pay cut, but I LOVED it and never regretted switching.

monkeymamma72
by on Oct. 31, 2011 at 11:56 PM

Yep, I have, more than once.  Can't stand crying because I have to go to a job I hate.

kaitybird
by on Nov. 2, 2011 at 12:00 AM

I did when my daughter's elementary school closed.  I walked away from being the Administrative Assistant.  The stress was over whelming and the amount of help that one got in that position was not worth the price of my happiness nor my sanity.  I did take the summer off and got things together and was given another school but once I sat in the old Admin's job and found out what was going to be thrown at me, I fell to pieces and truly understood why the person before me had a breakdown.  SO I filled in for a month and walked away for good and have never really looked back.  It was however no matter what a guaranteed job that I would have til I decided to retire, but the money and compromising your beliefs was NOT worth it.  I was in the job a little over 3 years.  I love what I did, but I didn't love my job.  It was hard to walk away from the money at first but then in the end it was worth it.  :)

I love being at home when dd gets home from school and I love spending time with hubby every day.

lilysmom0510
by on Nov. 2, 2011 at 1:29 AM

I actually just quit my job in september because it was a horrible work enviroment and they didnt offer part time and it was making me miserable and I wanted to be happy and not miserable at home with my baby and husband. Even though it was a little less income but in the end it was the best decision for me and my family.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)