Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Have you ever quit a job because you were unhappy in it?

Posted by   + Show Post

Was it a hard decision to make?

Were you in the job long?

by on Oct. 31, 2011 at 10:40 AM
Replies (21-28):
jltplk25
by Gold Member on Nov. 2, 2011 at 11:26 AM

Yes. At that point I was 19-20 years old so I didn't have anyone depending on me nor did I have any bills. The first job I quit was after a month. I worked for my cousin at her little food place. She actually told a customer, in front of me no less, that it was my first job and that I was a spoiled brat. My second job I quit after a couple months because I was being sexually harassed, was never actually trained for all the shit I had to do, and my boss kicked my chair in front of a customer because I messed something up.

LoriAnn87
by Member on Nov. 2, 2011 at 12:37 PM

Yes I have quit a job and nope it was a hard decision to make because I was work for a really witch who didn't care about her employees and nope I wasn't there long.

saphire855
by on Nov. 2, 2011 at 12:53 PM

yes i have....i refuse to work where i am unhappy at.

aggiemom12
by on Nov. 2, 2011 at 5:45 PM

I had been laid off for two years...took me, what felt like forever to finally get the job I have now.  I've only been back at work for 6 months and I absolutely love my job.  The "supervisor" on the other hand is one of those women who needs to be "right on top of you", we have weekly updates even though she knows damn well what we do, we have logs for every damn thing and I absolutely can't stand her.  If I had a job lined up somewhere else, I'd quite right now but, it is what is it.  I am currently looking for another job.  Good luck!

PartyOf5InWI
by on Nov. 2, 2011 at 10:22 PM

Yeah, I think they call it quiting when you go out for your 15 minute break and don't come back. LOL

I work from home as a day care provider. A few years back I thought I  would get an evening part -time (temp) job over the holidays to help pay for Christmas. I got a job and was happy with it at first until I realized everything they told me was a lie. Anyway I stuck it out and worked there for a few months. The holidays were over and I hadn't been let go yet but I was hating it more and more by the minute. One day I had really had it. I went out for my break and called my husband. I told him I didn't want to go back in and asked him what he would think if I just left right then. He dared me to do it. So I did. We laughed later that night when we were in bed thinking about when they might have noticed that I wasn't coming back. It's still kinda funny to imagine. lol  

Pammi86
by Pamela on Nov. 2, 2011 at 10:25 PM
Yes I have and I always worry when I've done so but the lord always provides for us. I do what I can and I know it will be ok.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamawmom
by on Nov. 3, 2011 at 8:44 AM

Only one . It was more like a prison camp then a factory. You weren't even allowed to speak to anyone.3 min bathroom breaks.They even made a girl clock out before she could sit down because she thought she was having a heart attact.I walked out one day then remembered I was 30 miles from home and had carpooled with someone else.

luvmybug
by Amanda on Nov. 3, 2011 at 8:50 AM

being happy with your job is a must.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)