Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

i need to make friends!

Posted by on Nov. 1, 2011 at 9:36 PM
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this
Don't get me wrong, I love hanging out with my son. But I seem to have lost friends in the process of becoming a mom. All of my friends from before I had a child are moms too, so I don't think its because of that. I don't get it. I've tried making new friends, but never seem to get anywhere with it. I've tried the "oh, I love your sons cute shirt! Where did you get it" thing to get a conversation started but it always falls flat. Any advice? I've never been very good at making new friends. Lol
by on Nov. 1, 2011 at 9:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
splatz
by Sarah on Nov. 1, 2011 at 9:56 PM
I wish I knew! Even when I do have play dates with other moms I'm so busy watching the kids its hard to socialize. :/
I've decided I'm just socially awkward now. lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cookinmommyof1
by Bronze Member on Nov. 1, 2011 at 10:02 PM
I'm sure I am too. Lol. We don't really do play dates as we live 20 min from most friends with kids. We have a 5yr old girl next door that likes to come over and play with vinny who is 2 1/2, but she absolutely drives me crazy. And all of her bad habits rub off on my son, I would rather they didn't act alike.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsnoble2004
by on Nov. 1, 2011 at 10:15 PM

That's a good one. I don't really have a lot of friends either. I do have more moms talking to me now that I am on the PTO at school chairing the box top program but I don't know what to suggest since vinny isn't school age yet.

bwcmom
by on Nov. 1, 2011 at 10:27 PM
Where do you live? Maybe you can check on the Internet to see if there are Mommy and Me classes you can attend. Also, ask your local YMCA or recreation center if they have anything for parents and children.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 2, 2011 at 11:59 AM

I'm in the same boat, sorry

new.identity
by on Nov. 2, 2011 at 5:22 PM

Same boat here, sorry.

McM0609
by on Nov. 2, 2011 at 5:33 PM
Im the same way too. Im beginning to think im a loser:-( I definetely need to make some friends cause I dont have any that have kids.

Quoting splatz:

I wish I knew! Even when I do have play dates with other moms I'm so busy watching the kids its hard to socialize. :/

I've decided I'm just socially awkward now. lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
monkeymamma72
by on Nov. 2, 2011 at 8:40 PM

Me too, honey, me too.

Pammi86
by Pamela on Nov. 2, 2011 at 10:27 PM
I have lost a lot of friends too since having my dd. I make new ones at work but besides that its hard!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovelyLauren55
by on Nov. 2, 2011 at 10:46 PM

I'm in the same boat! I have 2 really good friends, but they each live at least 30 minutes away (and both in opposite directions) Im really wanting to meet moms in my neighborhood, but Im so shy!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN