Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

I quit!

Posted by on Nov. 2, 2011 at 10:14 PM
  • 5 Replies
So I've only been working at Dollar Tree for two weeks and Fridays going to be my last day. I'm taking on some more hours at my main job and also I just don't think dollar tree is for me. The manager had the nerve to tell me I wouldn't be sick this week if I didn't go celebrate the cards world series win downtown in the cold! What business of it is hers when I'm not working! I know the extra money is always a help but I'm already miserable there! Plus she wants me to work thanksgiving and def not doing that! So, I told her today and she was a lil rude and said I could work just weekends but honestly with my dh on nights and my other job weekends are all we get together! So, hopefully with the move and all money works out! I need budget tips lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 2, 2011 at 10:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 2, 2011 at 10:18 PM

Working at a dollar tree doesn't sound all that exciting.. When I figure out some budget tips that work I'll let you know :[

Pammi86
by on Nov. 2, 2011 at 10:20 PM
Thanks! The manager is what really did it for me! 7.25 a hour is not worth being treated like crap and worked like a mad man!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 2, 2011 at 10:23 PM

Yeah that comment was out of line.

LovelyLauren55
by on Nov. 2, 2011 at 10:49 PM

I always hated working holidays too :/ Tho I think after this baby is born, Im gonna have to go back to work, money is just too tight! Now to find a REALLY cheap babysitter.... Hmmmmmm

mamabramlett
by on Nov. 2, 2011 at 10:54 PM

I had a job last year that I HATED!! I only was there for 3 months. I had to drive 40 minutes there and 40 minutes back for 10 bucks an hour. My last straw was when the boss was having a bad day and yelled at me and a couple of other females that we were immature, needed to grow up, and stupid! That did me in! For the hours and pay, I might as well stay home and get cried at by my 2 daughters and take care of my home. I don't have any budget tips for you! I don't have any for myself, but I wish you all the luck!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN