Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Does anyone do this? Keep track in a notebook how much money comes in and how much goes out? And on what?

We started doing this yesterday because I couldn't get the checkbook to balance and as I was going through receipts I noticed that I didn't put a withdrawal for $60 in the checkbook. O_O $60 - that's a bill or bounced check. I mean nothing like that happened but it could have and I know it's my fault. I took the money out about a week ago and have No idea why or what I spent it on. So now I'm keeping track.

by on Nov. 3, 2011 at 1:13 PM
Replies (31-36):
bubbasmom0917
by on Nov. 7, 2011 at 1:48 PM

we started yesterday also. we are trying to pay everything off and we both got new cars in the month. we have never even looked to see where our money goes, cause we have money in the bank all the time. we decided to see what happens to our money and have a budget set now.

goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 7, 2011 at 1:54 PM

So far it has helped me see I clearly drink too much coffee...lol But ya know my coffees are expensive, that's alot of money going out every week. Something I'm going to change.

Quoting bubbasmom0917:

we started yesterday also. we are trying to pay everything off and we both got new cars in the month. we have never even looked to see where our money goes, cause we have money in the bank all the time. we decided to see what happens to our money and have a budget set now.

bubbasmom0917
by on Nov. 7, 2011 at 1:56 PM

ever try going online and looking about coffee mixes or starbucks recipes? on the show downsized they made some coffee and said it tasted just like starbucks. that will save a ton.

Quoting goddess99:

So far it has helped me see I clearly drink too much coffee...lol But ya know my coffees are expensive, that's alot of money going out every week. Something I'm going to change.

Quoting bubbasmom0917:

goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 7, 2011 at 1:59 PM

I might have to look into that..  love the flavored gourmet stuff. I do have a keurig, really should use it more often.

Quoting bubbasmom0917:

ever try going online and looking about coffee mixes or starbucks recipes? on the show downsized they made some coffee and said it tasted just like starbucks. that will save a ton.

Quoting goddess99:

Quoting bubbasmom0917:

bubbasmom0917
by on Nov. 7, 2011 at 2:02 PM
1 mom liked this

during the holidays i break down and go to starbucks more than normal. i love their pumpkin spice

Quoting goddess99:

I might have to look into that..  love the flavored gourmet stuff. I do have a keurig, really should use it more often.

Quoting bubbasmom0917:

Quoting goddess99:

Quoting bubbasmom0917:

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Nov. 7, 2011 at 4:08 PM

No

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN