Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

moms...do you?

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2011 at 3:52 PM
  • 19 Replies
Moms, do you find it difficult to meet and establish friendships with other moms? If not, what am I doing wrong? LOL. I know being a sahm makes it diffucult, but when I do meet someone nothing sticks. It almost feels like meeting new moms and making friendships doesn't much anymore. It was so easy to talk to someone then next thing ya know being best friends, when you're young.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 4, 2011 at 3:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JessDiane87
by on Nov. 4, 2011 at 3:54 PM
Sorry I get to typing so fast and mess things up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pammi86
by Pamela on Nov. 4, 2011 at 4:06 PM
My friends who now have children seem to be easier to get along with then a lot of moms I have met elsewhere! There are just so many different parenting views these days and it seems my friends except mine much more easily than others! I even got scolded by a lady I befriended bc I couldn't breastfeed for medical reasons! I am hoping making new friends is easier as my dd grows and makes them! : )
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jltplk25
by Gold Member on Nov. 4, 2011 at 4:34 PM
The friends I had growing up, gave up on our friendship after they got married. The people I've met along the way while living here are 'fair weather friends' or they work a lot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kaee
by on Nov. 4, 2011 at 4:42 PM
Where i live NO ONE is friendly! so its hard to find friends that are a good influence around my kids , i wish i had someone to talk too when everything is going wrong! BUT NOT HERE EVERYONE IS IGNORANT
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JessDiane87
by on Nov. 4, 2011 at 5:18 PM
I understand how you all feel its like when I meet someone they're always too busy for friends and the friends I did have we grew apart for one reason or another. I hate not having anyone to talk to too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 4, 2011 at 8:55 PM

You're right, it's so easy to make friends when your young. But when you're older, it just sucks.

JessDiane87
by on Nov. 4, 2011 at 10:51 PM
Feel free to add me! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cloudfairy
by on Nov. 4, 2011 at 11:16 PM

I am going to say YES it is difficult to establish a friendship with other mothers because either of disagreements that happen or other issues. I HAD to friends that were moms but things went south and I no longer talk to them. I did say difficult but not impossible. It will happen don't stress it.

cookinmommyof1
by Bronze Member on Nov. 4, 2011 at 11:23 PM
Sounds just like me! But I've never been very good at making friends. The "friends" I had in school were the ones that were only your friend when anyone else wasn't around or only to find stuff to taease you about with their real friends. I was bullied all through school, elementary through high school. From a couple teachers too. I find it ridiculously difficult to make friends. I've tried when taking my son to the park but get blown off every time. I tried a mommy n me type group, and was practically shunned. I should have known better because it is affiliated with a church and were not religious. But now I'm rambling. Lol. Hope you meet some nice people!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wiard4jesus
by on Nov. 4, 2011 at 11:31 PM
I find that It's hard to make friends as well...It would be nice to have someone to talk to when things are difficult but more importantly when things are going great as well:) I want a friendship where we can encourage one another,laugh,cry,give advise and just have someone that you know will be here for Me as I would be there for them!! I'm hoping I will find good friends because I could really use a friend right now:) Feel free to add me if ya want a new friend:-) Hope you find many friends Mama!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN