Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

60 yr old crib *piog*UPDATE*

Posted by   + Show Post

Okay so my mil has this crib that's about 60 years old and wants to get from her dad and put it together and have my daughter sleep in it when she stays over or during nap time.

I don't feel very comfortable with that and I'm not sure how to bring it up because she's they type that don't care to listen unless you tell her a million times or tell her "because her doctor said"

What would you ladies do?

*UPDATE*

So I inspected the crib and and it is a slide down crib and the slates (I guess? Like the bars were too spread apart) so i told my mil and about the dangers of what could happen. So she is going to walmart tomorrow to buy her a pack and play! YAY ^_^

by on Nov. 6, 2011 at 12:58 AM
Replies (11-16):
splatz
by Sarah on Nov. 8, 2011 at 10:06 AM
Yay! Pack and plays are so much easier and take up way less space too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yourpassion
by Bronze Member on Nov. 8, 2011 at 10:07 AM

yay!  thankfully it worked out!

lette_with_2
by on Nov. 8, 2011 at 10:58 AM

good. glad it all worked out

mrsnoble2004
by ♥Arlene♥ on Nov. 8, 2011 at 11:09 AM

That's great. Someone gave me a really old crib once and got mad when I put drywall screws in the drop side

anon1986East
by on Nov. 8, 2011 at 11:23 AM

It's good she realized the dangers and is buying a new pack and play for your daughter. Though it's also cool that a crib that old has survived. My family has lots of antiques, of course we don't use any of the old cribs but it's nice to just still have that history in the family.

new_mommie_2b
by on Nov. 8, 2011 at 12:57 PM
Yeah. I'm glad I inspected like all of you suggested before I got all mad because she wouldn't listen! Thank you for your advice!

I <3 you ladies!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)