Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Physicians assisted suicide?

Posted by on Nov. 6, 2011 at 8:45 AM
  • 10 Replies

What are your thoughts? For or against? Why?

M2mMelissa

by on Nov. 6, 2011 at 8:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2gr8tgirls
by on Nov. 6, 2011 at 9:47 AM
I think I'm kind of for it. I mean, if someone has an illness that will kill them and their quality of life has been affected then I kind of understand it. But then I don't agree with it cuz it's asking someone to kill you, ya know? So I guess I'm on the fence. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Leopard44
by on Nov. 6, 2011 at 11:11 AM

I wouldn't want to be a vegetable. I'm for it as long as the person who requests it has filled out all the forms; it could be abused very easily!

Janet
by Ruby Member on Nov. 6, 2011 at 11:22 AM

I can see how someone would want it, but I am totally against it going by what the Bible teaches us about taking a life.

LovelyLauren55
by on Nov. 6, 2011 at 11:22 AM

I don't agree with it, if things are that bad, have a DNR signed, so that no life saving measures can be taken, no one should intentionally take a life IMO 

USAFamily
by on Nov. 6, 2011 at 2:21 PM

I am for it-- I am of the mind 'your body, your choice'.

mrsnoble2004
by on Nov. 6, 2011 at 2:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I suppose it would depend on why. Having some incurable disease I could understand but to just do it to being doing it seems wrong.

USAFamily
by on Nov. 6, 2011 at 2:28 PM

I agree mrsnoble2004- I think it should only be used in cases when someone is terminally ill and needs the assistance of a medical device to continue life. I do not think people should just be able to kill themselves just to do it.

jltplk25
by Gold Member on Nov. 6, 2011 at 3:18 PM
This.

Quoting LovelyLauren55:

I don't agree with it, if things are that bad, have a DNR signed, so that no life saving measures can be taken, no one should intentionally take a life IMO 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 7, 2011 at 12:38 PM

I think if you are at the point in an illness that everyone knows you won't get better, and if you are suffering, I think a Dr. should help you if that is what you want. It should be legal, and the people involved shouldn't get in any trouble for it.

Pammi86
by Pamela on Nov. 7, 2011 at 12:40 PM
I can see why someone would want this but still I'm against it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN