CafeMom is excited to announce a way we're featuring many of our terrific moms. We just launched a new "Mom of the Day" area. Selected moms will respond to our "Mom of the Day" interview questions, and their interviews will then be posted in the group that they spend the most time in.
1. What has been your defining moment as a mom so far?
Watching my oldest hold his sister for the first time.
2. What group do you most frequently hang out in on CafeMom?
I'm usually in Military Wives Unleashed, Mom 2 Mom, or Pop Culture Junkies.
3. What do you like most about CafeMom?
If you have a question, thought, concern etc you can always count on someone to answer you.
4. A mom's spare time is precious (if it exists at all!). How do you spend yours? (Aside from on CafeMom, of course.)
I like to crochet, read, watch movies, etc.
5. What are your favorites:
Book: I'm a HUGE Nicholas Sparks fan so I can't name just one book.
Movie: Currently it would have to be....Bridesmaids.
Song: "What You Are" by Audioslave
Food: I love Chinese, Mexican, and most definitely Southern comfort foods.
Place to travel to: I don't get to travel much. We tend to go to southern Missouri to see my family or to Texas so see my husband's family.
6. Which celebrity parent would you most like to hang out with, and why? I would love to hang out with Johnny Depp because he just seems like a genuine person. I wouldn't mind hanging out with Leonardo DiCaprio. His activism is very admirable.
7. If you could give a new mom one piece of advice, what would it be?
Don't sweat the small stuff.
8. If you had to choose, what single word best sums you up?
9. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be a million and one things...from a fashion designer to a dolphin trainer to a doctor.
10. If you could trade places with any one person for a day, who would it be?
I wouldn't trade anyone. Sometimes the lives of others may seem easy or better than my own but at the end of the day, we all face issues. I'd rather not deal with anyone else's. Haha.
Now answer her question for YOU:
What drives you as a mom?