Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

So since my fiance and i have started college we out our two and a half year old twins in a daycare that is right off our schools campus. When we toured it we thought it was a great facitlity the teachers were nice the kids there seemed happy and during our twins evaluation they seemed to be having a blast. they have been attending this daycare for about three months now and we have never had a problem until now.... you see the way this daycare works is that its from infant to five years old but on occasion they have some after school drop offs and they all play together. So yesterday morning i get a call from one of the fellow mothers saying that her daughter (also two and a half) was telling her and her husband this morning that the big boy touches her! i was shocked when i heard this so after getting off the phone with this pretty shaken young mother i went up to my childrens play room where they were with their daddy. I told him what i had just heard and he was furious but our eyes automatically darted to our daughter Mackenzie you see she has been acting a little strange lately. She screams when we drop her off, doesnt like her brother to go near her anymore and other odd things. we thought it was just you know terrible twos but with this new accusation it made me really worried so i asked my fiance to take her brother outside and did what i thought was best. i sat down infront of her and said very calmly, "so are you having a good time at daycare?" she just looked at me (which is weird bc my twins are very talkitive) so i said, "mackenzie you have to tell mommy whats wrong?" at this point my two year old broke down and said "no more daycare no more mommy" when i asked why she said "i dont like it when he touches me" this was a very hard thing for me to hear i immediatly called my fiance and told him to get matthew in the car and drove down to the daycare, when we got their i couldnt believe my eyes or ears there were about ten other parents there all furious about the same thing. When things were gotten to the bottem of it turns out the daycare knew about this but never told any of the parents bc they think its just a childs way of exploring eachother! there was a girls mom who was in histerics bc while bathing her four year old daughter she found scratch marks around and in her daughter vagina when she asked she said her daughter said "mommy he put a pencil down there in my privates" another said her five year old said "he put his mouth on me mommy and it hurt" The boy who did this is 8 years old and shouldnt even be allowed in a toddlers bathroom. Needless to say the parents are suing the daycare but i am so shooken up and my fiance is furious i dont know what is the extent of what this boy did to my daughter she is two years old im lucky she told me what she did! i dont know what to so.. should she go to therapy or should i just not mention it and hope she is to young to remember this? i feel like a horrible mother bc i put her in there i pratically let this boy molest her! please give me any advice i havent even to my parents or his about this im just so lost and upset....

by on Nov. 6, 2011 at 4:54 PM
Replies (31-32):
cookinmommyof1
by Bronze Member on Nov. 8, 2011 at 9:16 AM
Child psychologists know how to be gentle and sort of "beat around the bush" and find out what happened and the extent of possibnle damage don't without making her relive the whole aweful ordeal. I highly recommend it and I completely understand your not wanting to take her to the doc. Hugs to you and your family I can only imagine what you're going through.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
youngmother195
by on Nov. 8, 2011 at 9:59 AM

she starts therapy on Wednesday so we will see what happens her pediatrician recomended her said she specializes in stuff like this. i just hope she can help and thanks we are coping as best as we can i just want her to have a normal life i dont know if thats possible but im trying.

Quoting cookinmommyof1:

Child psychologists know how to be gentle and sort of "beat around the bush" and find out what happened and the extent of possibnle damage don't without making her relive the whole aweful ordeal. I highly recommend it and I completely understand your not wanting to take her to the doc. Hugs to you and your family I can only imagine what you're going through.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN