Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Do you or your SO have allowances?

Posted by on Nov. 7, 2011 at 9:44 AM
  • 15 Replies

Do you or your SO budget allowances each week or month? Or is it just a free for all?

by on Nov. 7, 2011 at 9:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2gr8tgirls
by on Nov. 7, 2011 at 9:45 AM
Free for all. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jltplk25
by Gold Member on Nov. 7, 2011 at 9:47 AM
Free for all. However I've considered giving myself an allowance. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsnoble2004
by on Nov. 7, 2011 at 11:53 AM
1 mom liked this

not really. If I want something bad enough I just put it on the grocery list. =)

goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 7, 2011 at 12:00 PM
3 moms liked this

not really. Bills come 1st than household things like food, gas for the cars, whatever is left over is up for grabs.

lind.shep
by New Member on Nov. 8, 2011 at 12:01 AM
No. Whatever is left over is his...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aleta775
by on Nov. 8, 2011 at 12:05 AM

If I want or need money for anything besides the groceries I just have dh write a little bit more money on the check. :)

jolieann10
by on Nov. 8, 2011 at 2:27 AM
2 moms liked this
We do a weekly allowance for extra stuff like lattes, etc. This has really helped with our household budget. I will admit it was hard for me at first, but now that we have done it for 5 years I see how much it saves us and we now have money in savings!
livmier
by on Nov. 8, 2011 at 3:09 AM

Quoting jolieann10: Same for us we have been doing this for a few months its still hard but we like watching our savings grow. Best decision we ever made.....

Sweetmom8
by on Nov. 8, 2011 at 4:42 AM
Bills are paid first.what's left over I'm always told use $ wisely
cali_lili
by on Nov. 8, 2011 at 4:54 AM

Yes!!  It used to be a free for all and every month we were running out of $ when we SHOULD have been able to put a little in savings.  Now, after all the bills, gas and groceries are budgeted for, I put 1/2 of what's left into savings.  We split the remainder.  He buys his clothes, games, cigs, any fast food he eats and I use mine for whatever, mostly stuff for the kids but every now and then I treat myself to a massage;)  We usually run out of our "spending money" a few days before the end of the month... but all the bills are paid and we're building an emergency savings, so it's worth it=)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN