Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom
Can anyone give me a recommendation? Aubrey isn't real interested in reading and she's a little below grade level with her reading skills so DH and I want to get her an ereader cuz we're hoping it'll make her want to read more cuz it's cool...totally how my kid is...lol. Anyway, which would be better? She's almost 9. Thanks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:21 AM
Replies (21-25):
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Nov. 28, 2011 at 5:12 PM

Not sure....but I hope the one you select will help her.

Pammi86
by Pamela on Nov. 28, 2011 at 8:10 PM
Bump! Not sure but I know I want one! Either one lol! Prob at tax time I'll get one! : )
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sara.Worthey
by Member on Nov. 28, 2011 at 10:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Hubby and I each have a kindle wifi. I am on my second (the screen went wonky a few weeks after my daughter poured lube on it, but we think it was cause my son dropped a magnet on it), and amazon switched it at no cost to me, they paid all shipping, were sweet and try to help where they can. I also have target help since I bought the original there. I love my kindle, I love that I can read my books on my computer, kindle, ipod, tablet with no issues. The free previews, and the websites that I get free books from rocks!

I suggest going to like best buy or target and play with the models to see which you like best. That is how we decided between the nook, nook color and kindle last christmas.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katface210
by on Nov. 29, 2011 at 1:15 PM
i have a kindle with wifi personally I think that it's better for adults then for a kid but that's just me..
Nooks are pretty awesome too
heather4511
by on Nov. 29, 2011 at 1:18 PM
From the research I have done I would definitely choose a Nook. I thought about getting my daughter one for Xmas but she is 4, so I can't justify spending $200 on that thought we would all use it. I think nook had better options, and I just don't like how you can only buy from amazon for kindle. Barnes and noble usually has good deals, or children's books for free. Also they have in store deals for the nook
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN