Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fragrance ad banned in Britian for sexualizing a child...

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:56 AM
  • 5 Replies

This Marc Jacobs fragrance ad, featuring 17 year-old Dakota Fanning, has been banned in Britain for "sexualizing a child." Agree? Disagree?

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:10 AM

Um if it were just some unknown who didn't know who Marc Jacobs was then I'm not sure. But I'll bet my house that Dakota knows who Marc Jacobs is and wanted to do it. I don't see a problem.

splatz
by Sarah on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:23 AM
I thought she was older than that. It seems strange to have a teenager advertise something geared to women.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gardeningmom4
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:46 AM

She looks like she is a girl playing dress up or something.And what is with the pose.Could they not think of another way to pose her and another dress for her to show her true age.Because with that dress and pose like I said she looks like a little girl trying to play dress up.

mom2gr8tgirls
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:16 PM
Seriously. People get their panties in a twist over every little thing. She's 17, maybe not a legal adult but definitely not a "child." And it's a photo for perfume. She is covered. Who cares? Apparently not her or her parents.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SDmommy2many
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:19 PM

I don't see a problem with it. I have seen so many more inappropriate things. this is nothing. I personally think it's pretty boring and would not make me want to buy or even remember this perfume.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)