• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pimples galore!

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:00 AM
  • 8 Replies

I went to bed last night with 3 small pimples on my face and woke up with a face full of them.  WTH?!  I didn't eat anything different or do anything different with my skin care.  I've been using the same things for a few years now, but clearly something isn't working.  Does anyone have any home remedies for acne?  I've never been to the dermatologist, and would like to avoide seeing one now if I can. 

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:07 AM

BUMP

I would love to know the answer to this myself.

jltplk25
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:34 AM
It could be a surge of hormones. Sometimes women can have a break out before they start their periods. Just drink plenty of water and keep up your skin care routine. Perhaps getting a little topical cream could help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrskelby
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:15 AM

Hmm..I just finished my period like a week and a half ago.... the drinking water part I've got down though.  I've heard that putting toothpaste on pimples will help.  Is this true?  Has anyone tried it?  I'm all for smelling like Crest if it means shrinking the pimples.  :)

jltplk25
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:21 AM
According to those who’ve had experience of using this remedy, toothpaste does help in eliminating occasional zits. It dehydrates the pimple and absorbs the oil, leaving the skin clear as it was before. But like other unproven methods and remedies, it does have its dangers. For one, toothpaste might not work for everybody. It could result in burns, particularly on sensitive skin. It has been reported that repeated use of this product can cause the skin to dry. Irritation is also possible when using toothpaste to eradicate a pimple.

Overnight solutions are just too good to be true; like using toothpaste to prevent zits. This technique might work for some individuals but not for those who have sensitive skin. Maybe it’s good if you only use it once or twice and only if you really have no other options available; otherwise, just use the product on your teeth, it’s formulated for that purpose anyway.

*I got that off a website.

Quoting mrskelby:

Hmm..I just finished my period like a week and a half ago.... the drinking water part I've got down though.  I've heard that putting toothpaste on pimples will help.  Is this true?  Has anyone tried it?  I'm all for smelling like Crest if it means shrinking the pimples.  :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrskelby
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:22 AM

That's good info.  Thanks!  :)

splatz
by Sarah on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:26 AM
I've used toothpaste before when I got a massive one the night before something, like family photos. It worked for me. But I wouldn't slather it on my whole face or anything. Just a tiny spot enough to cover it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrskelby
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:32 AM

Quoting splatz:

I've used toothpaste before when I got a massive one the night before something, like family photos. It worked for me. But I wouldn't slather it on my whole face or anything. Just a tiny spot enough to cover it.

Ha.  I just had a vision of my husband coming home from work to a wife with a blue toothpaste face.  Not sure if he would be all that surprised though because I've been known to do crazy things.  lol

mom2gr8tgirls
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:53 AM
Visine works for occasional usage. I've also heard hemorrhoid cream works too. Just drink tons of water and avoid touching your face...the oils on your hands are horrible!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)