Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Online Parenting Classes?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:29 PM
  • 8 Replies

Has anyone ever taken an online parenting class? If so, what are your thoughts? pros/cons, etc..

When DH and I were @ mediation for family court, our attorney suggested a co-parenting class with DH, myself and BM. Unfortunately BM refused and the attorneys let it go, but I think it's still a good idea. I don't expect BM to go but DH and I want to try one. We think we're pretty good parents but we know we can always use guidance/encouragement, plus, the attorney said it could help our case if we took it anyway without being court ordered to. Problem is, everything in our area is like 6 months away. We don't have much available other than online but that seem kind of weird to me..I don't know if the information is going to be as "accredited" if you will, know what i mean? 

Just looking to see if anyone has tried it and what your thoughts are on the idea.

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mrsnoble2004
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:31 PM

I've never heard of an online parenting class

RTXmommy06
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:33 PM

Quoting mrsnoble2004:

I hadn't either until i started Googling... I was just trying to find something (an actual live class) in our general area of town and that's what I came up with lol. I mean who's to say the person teaching the class is even qualified to do so, you know?

mrsnoble2004
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:36 PM

I had to drive a half hour for more when I had a court ordered class think it was called "Children of Divorce" or something similar. You might have to broaden your driving distance for your search.

Quoting RTXmommy06:

Quoting mrsnoble2004:

I hadn't either until i started Googling... I was just trying to find something (an actual live class) in our general area of town and that's what I came up with lol. I mean who's to say the person teaching the class is even qualified to do so, you know?

goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:55 PM

BUMP

good luck

RTXmommy06
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:58 PM

thank you for the bump!!!!

Gardeningmom4
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:18 PM

I would talk to your lawyer and see what they have to say about it.

splatz
by Sarah on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:55 PM
Never heard of it. Would the court even accept that as a parenting class?
Here they order the love and logic class as the parenting class.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RTXmommy06
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:00 PM

well it's not a court required thing. it would be just for ours and SD's benefit. But i'm asking for opinions because it's expensive and i don't want to waste money on something that sucks lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)