Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Worried!!!

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:02 PM
  • 9 Replies

Hi moms ! I need a little help . i am a single mom with three wonderful kids and presently we have been going through a lot . we recently had to move out of our home because it was unsafe for us ,The roof leaked when it rains , the pluming was bad . It was just bad. We had to move to a new city and state to live with my sister whom her self has it rough . She is about to get married .  They have no kids and i feel like we are a burdens and to top it off i don't have the money to get my girls or anyone else gifts . I feel like am drawing ,i feel like i have failed has a mom.How do i handle the holidays with out disappointing my babies?

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
nana9106
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:13 PM
Homemade gifts from the kids to grandparents. A coupon book for your sis ( one for laundry, detail her car, one day of treating her like a queen) for the kids, check with friends... See if they are clearing out old toys, clean them up and wrap them ( I had to do this when my kids were little) also check goodwill.... Save pennies and cash them in.. Buy a couple of new things at the dollar store
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nana9106
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:14 PM
1 mom liked this
You are NOT a failure... Hard times happen. You WILL bounce back!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:18 PM

There are many organizations that can help. Salvation army, St. Vincent DePaul,  Churches, even schools/PTOs may be able to help. Contact them and let them know about your children.

MissyB1011
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:14 PM

Check into Toys for Tots. Sign ups are going on. There are some really nice things that you can get for your kiddos!

Don't feel like a failure. Everyone has hard times!

splatz
by Sarah on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:58 PM
Definitely check out services in your area. There are so many places out there that can help. I believe that United Way can help connect you with places that can help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gardeningmom4
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:03 PM

Also you can go to good will and have them put your children's names on an Angel tree for Christmas and some churches help out with food and things like that for the holidays.I would simply check around your neighbor hood.Talk to a friend who goes to church and see what kind of information you can find out.Call toys for tots and see what they can do to help you out.

Quoting nana9106:

Homemade gifts from the kids to grandparents. A coupon book for your sis ( one for laundry, detail her car, one day of treating her like a queen) for the kids, check with friends... See if they are clearing out old toys, clean them up and wrap them ( I had to do this when my kids were little) also check goodwill.... Save pennies and cash them in.. Buy a couple of new things at the dollar store

chubby10
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:20 PM

Thank You all for your advice.I will try these resources that you all have given , I really appreciate your kind words . We don't have a car and the only grand parent we have is my dad who lives far far away. I have faith and trust that it will work out how it suppose to.Thank you so much.

armywife1229
by on Nov. 11, 2011 at 9:10 AM
1 mom liked this

You are providing a wonderful life for your children, they're healthy, safe, and taken care of. Everything else is extra, and if you teach them that, they will get more from it than any gift.

chubby10
by on Nov. 11, 2011 at 2:29 PM

Quoting armywife1229:

You are providing a wonderful life for your children, they're healthy, safe, and taken care of. Everything else is extra, and if you teach them that, they will get more from it than any gift.

Thank You

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)