Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Am I overreacting?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:47 PM
  • 37 Replies

My 6 year old dd came home with a black eye today. I asked her what happened and she told me that it was an accident. A boy from another class was running down the stairs and bumped her from behind and she fell into the elbow of one of her classmates. I'm pretty pissed. I understand that accidents happen but I feel my six year old shouldn't have had to be the one to tell me what happened. Her teacher didn't send her to the nurse for an ice pack or anything. Her eye is really swollen and she has a very bad black eye. I just feel like someone could've told me something or called. Am I overreacting?!?!?

****Update***

So I went up to the school today and it appears that the teacher "didn't think it was that bad". She never even looked at my daughter's face nor checked on her after the incident. Just told her to get back in line. That pissed me off even more. I'm supposed to go back up there at 4 for a coonference with the principal and the teacher so more will follow. OAN: I'm probably going to have to take my daughter to the doctor or er because she still can't open her eye and it looks alot more swollen then it was last night.

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Gardeningmom4
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:05 PM

No you are not.They should have sent her to the nurses office and called you to tell you what happened.

RTXmommy06
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:09 PM

Not at all! I would be upset too. They should've made you aware.

Devtanbay3
No way, she should've been sent to the nurses office and then you should have been notified by the nurse. Did they send a note or anything home with her?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twhil

Thats what I was thinking. Her teacher calls me ALL the time for misc. stuff but didn't think that this was important enough to tell me.

twhil
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:21 PM

Quoting Devtanbay3:

No way, she should've been sent to the nurses office and then you should have been notified by the nurse. Did they send a note or anything home with her?

No they didn't

mom2gr8tgirls
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:34 PM
1 mom liked this

You definitely should have gotten a phone call.

mrsnoble2004
by ♥Arlene♥ on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:57 PM

Did she have a sub?

Quoting twhil:

Thats what I was thinking. Her teacher calls me ALL the time for misc. stuff but didn't think that this was important enough to tell me.

twhil
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:07 PM

No this was her everyday teacher thats why i'm like wth

Quoting mrsnoble2004:

Did she have a sub?

Quoting twhil:

angeld2
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:09 PM
1 mom liked this

wow I would be very upset. Accidents happen but the fact that the nurse did not call you to let you know is a mistake.

luvmyson87
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:13 PM

No, you should give the tacher a call.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)