• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How will I get my 7 year old to stop ?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:51 PM
  • 11 Replies

I have two kids the ages is 7 and 1 . My 7 year old has ADD . She has been acting out  with hitting me saying bad word  and yell non stop at me . I told her to go to her room and sit and I will come in and talk to her . but when i get there she is more mad and will not talk to me . We have take her to the Dr. and she will not talk to them . what can I do for her ? I don't want my 1 year old to start doing the same thing ! 

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrsnoble2004
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:56 PM

How often does she get alone time with you? One year olds require a lot of attention and she may be feeling left out. You would be surprised how much Mommy and Me time helps when children start acting out.

slopjar24
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:00 PM

I'm a stay home mom . when her sister goes down for a nap and 3 hr at her sister bed time is at time . ever day 

goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 10, 2011 at 1:50 PM

Idk? My dd is a handful too but she's an only child. When she started hitting -years ago- I would hit her back, not hard but enough to get her attention. Her hitting ended pretty quickly. We are still working on her yelling problem!

slopjar24
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 4:20 PM

I did the same thing and she lol at me and call me a b . we have done time out  and taking all here things away too. thank you so much and i will do it one more time and see it will work this time 

supermumof3
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 4:23 PM

leave her in the room until she can talk like an adult. If you ener the room and she is still mad, I would walk right back out. YOu need to be consistant. And the bad language would not be tolerated,  i never ever had any of mine hit me or call me names... 2 girls, 1 boy ages 7,16,20... do you and your husband call each other names ? I dont know where they learn that behavior at ? Lack of respect.

goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 10, 2011 at 5:15 PM

wow if my dd called me a B. She's be sitting in her emptied out bedroom for a week. But I too have noticed the mouth is the hardest to control.

Quoting slopjar24:

I did the same thing and she lol at me and call me a b . we have done time out  and taking all here things away too. thank you so much and i will do it one more time and see it will work this time 

goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 10, 2011 at 5:16 PM
1 mom liked this

You're not alone. Trust me =)

slopjar24
by on Nov. 11, 2011 at 12:42 PM

She is getting from her school . Me and my  old man don't say names like what she will do . i will but her in her room longer and she that will help . thank you 

slopjar24
by on Nov. 11, 2011 at 12:44 PM

thank you.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Nov. 11, 2011 at 1:01 PM

There is a website called CHADD that gives wonderful information for ADD and ADHD children and adults. Here is the link http://www.chadd.com/. It is doctor recommended.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)