Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

wow... wth

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:22 PM
  • 11 Replies
So I just found out tonight that my grandpa died two weeks ago. And nobody in my family bothered to tell me. He is the only person in the family I was truly close to. My Mom abandoned me after I was born and they raised me as their child until I was 7 when my Mom decided she wanted to be a parent. So not only did I lose a grandfather but I feel like I lost my Dad too.

My grandparents disowned me back in June. Because I forgot to send my grandmother a mothers day card (we were moving and did nothing to celebrate for anyone). But I sent out a fathers day card. I apologized. But was still told they no longer wanted to speak to me.

Knowing he died hating me somehow makes all this a million times worse.

Sorry this is so long. Its just me and the kids tonight and I guess I just needed to get it all out..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
abmaddox1981
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:25 PM
Awww, honey I'm so sorry! That sucks that no one called you! I lost my father when I was 17, so I know what its like to lose someone that you're close to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jltplk25
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:49 PM
:( I'm so sorry, Sarah!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Armywife25u
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:53 PM
1 mom liked this

what the hell is up with that. Why on earth would someone that "LOVED" you disown you for not sending a mother's day card...SERIOUSLY??? That is so stupid to me. If he hated you for that then you should just move on. Although I know how hard it is to loose someone you love, but it doesn't sound like they loved you very much if something as petty as forgetting to send a card is enough for them to hate you.

goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:03 PM

=( I'm so sorry

mrsnoble2004
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:19 PM

I'm sorry. I found out several years after the fact that my grandma died. She hated my mother.

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:20 PM

im sorry

Mama2Mattieson
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:24 PM

I'm so sorry! I'm sure he didn't hate you he was probably disappointed but still loved you very much!

splatz
by Sarah on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:35 PM
That's what I don't get. My grandmother is a huge manipulator. She was always mad that I was closer to him than her. She was just waiting on me to screw something up. All I ever heard from her is what I failure I was for leaving my abusive ex husband. Because "god wanted me to stay". Apparently the fact that he was abusing our 2 year old and myself didn't matter to god... Smh.

I would love to see my grandmother pack and move an entire house alone with a 5 year old and a 6 month old. I bet she would forget about a silly card too.

Quoting Armywife25u:

what the hell is up with that. Why on earth would someone that "LOVED" you disown you for not sending a mother's day card...SERIOUSLY??? That is so stupid to me. If he hated you for that then you should just move on. Although I know how hard it is to loose someone you love, but it doesn't sound like they loved you very much if something as petty as forgetting to send a card is enough for them to hate you.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by Sarah on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:37 PM
Thanks to all of you ladies for listening. It means so much! The kids are just looking at me like I have 3 heads because I have been randomly crying all night lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovelyLauren55
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:16 PM

Oh my, I am so sorry hun, they should have at least told you! :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)