Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Very Frustrated and looking for advice

Posted by on Nov. 11, 2011 at 1:54 PM
  • 6 Replies

I have an 11 year old son with bipolar and aspbergers and have difficulties with him in school resulting in violent outbursts. last week i had a hard time getting him to go in and the school came out and restrained him which caused an outburst well ended up taking hi m to hospital to be assesed for szuicide comment. now he hasbeen put in a little hallway off a classroom by himself all day with just a teachers aide. he doesnt get lunch with his peers or any specials like music library pe or recess with his peers to me it doesnt sound appropiate nor does his counselor believe so either but they think they can do whatever they please

by on Nov. 11, 2011 at 1:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Snuggles20
by on Nov. 11, 2011 at 2:00 PM

Well thats the same with my brother inlaw hes 13 and he has done the same stuff but they ended up home schooling him and like taking him to the park for his good behave so hes alot better now have you thought about home schooling

mrsnoble2004
by ♥Arlene♥ on Nov. 11, 2011 at 2:13 PM

If he is prone to violent outbursts they have him isolated for the safety of the other students.

jltplk25
by Gold Member on Nov. 11, 2011 at 2:32 PM
This.

Quoting mrsnoble2004:

If he is prone to violent outbursts they have him isolated for the safety of the other students.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 11, 2011 at 2:56 PM

I would contact the school's superintendent and outline his issues along with the poor job the school is doing. Now's the time you have to be 100% pro active. Make them change. Be at the school. Threaten to transfer him to a different District. Which you actually may have to do. Or maybe Homeschool.  I went through similar things with a bitch oh I mean teacher from hell.

Momofasweetboy
by on Nov. 11, 2011 at 2:59 PM

I dont know if this will help you or not but an old co workers son had the same issues and she struggled with the school and such as well  . i know this is wont work for everyone but she ended yp moving to flordia because they have a very good school thatdeals with this alowwing them to be around peers the same.

LadyJaneof3
by on Nov. 11, 2011 at 3:08 PM

Does your child have an IEP?  If he does, you'll know what I'm talking about.  My suggestion is to pull it out and re-read it....if DS is prone to outbursts, then an action should be in place on what to do to handle it.  Are they following it?  If not, take it to the counselor, the prinicipal, and even the superintendent if need be.  Schools are suppose to follow those plans.  Hope things work out for you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)