Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Thinking about getting fixed.. need to hear other experiences & what type you had

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2011 at 8:53 AM
  • 20 Replies

HI,

im Tonya, i am thinking about getting fixed. *yes i am only 23 years old* my husband and i have discussed this for 3 years now. I had our daughter at 17 and our twin boys at 19. I do not want any more children and neither does my husband, and IF this is a BIG IF i decide to years down the road it has been a dream of ours to adopt other children. I am physically and emotionally ready to have this done. i am considering either a tubal ligation *although i have heard a lot of negative things on this* or  *Essure which is micro inserts put into the fallopian tubes * which involves no surgery and a much faster recovery. I need to hear experiences and pros & cons of each from another persons apect. * one who has actually had it done! please help. I am leaning towards the *essure* but i would like to hear discussion on both sides/

Thanks,

Tonya

by on Nov. 14, 2011 at 8:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
USAFamily
by on Nov. 14, 2011 at 9:35 AM

I didn't do either. My Dh got a vasectomy -it took 20 minutes and he was fine in a day.

mrsnoble2004
by ♥Arlene♥ on Nov. 14, 2011 at 12:05 PM

Hi Tonya, I'll bump this back up for you since I'm curious about it too.

goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 14, 2011 at 12:50 PM

I had my tubes tied while I had a csection. Never had any problems but I'm unfamiliar with what you're talking about.

MJDC
by on Nov. 14, 2011 at 1:31 PM
I had the eassure done in April it took about 20 min to do, my doc gave me pain meds after but I didn't need them. My monthly cramping is gone but my monthly last longer. After 3 months you will have to have a dye test done to make sure it worked during that 3 months you should be on birth control. This test isn't painful. Make sure it's what you want, it can't be undone I had it done because of the no down time having little one that was not an option. You can go to the website for more info and to find a doc that knows what they are doing hope this helps
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovelyLauren55
by on Nov. 14, 2011 at 2:16 PM

I want to get essure, Ive heard its way more effective, but I dont think I'd be able to get it, my cervix is too small, I cant even get IUD's 

If you dont want more kids, do it, they offered the surgery to me at 20, but I knew I wasnt done having kids

alz2007
by on Nov. 14, 2011 at 2:39 PM
I had my tubal ligation in 2002 and have never had any problems at all! I am sit whatever you decide will be the right thing for you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LuckyStarr28
by on Nov. 14, 2011 at 4:49 PM

It is so much easier for the man to get a vasectomy.  He can walk out of there after the operation and drive home.  Women on the other hand have to be hospitalized and it is much more major.  Women carry the children so I think this is the least men can do when a couple has reached their limit.

praisinghim2day
by on Nov. 14, 2011 at 5:18 PM

I'm getting a tubal and ablation on 12/3 :)  I thought about essure, but doc thought the tubal would be the better option for me.  As far as recovery goes, the tubal and essure seem to be very similar.  A little crampy for a day or so... just have to be careful with the stitches, which are minimal.  Tiny little inscisions. :)

praisinghim2day
by on Nov. 14, 2011 at 5:19 PM

It's not that bad for the girl though.  It's also an outpatient procedure. 

Quoting LuckyStarr28:

It is so much easier for the man to get a vasectomy.  He can walk out of there after the operation and drive home.  Women on the other hand have to be hospitalized and it is much more major.  Women carry the children so I think this is the least men can do when a couple has reached their limit.

I'm divorced mommy of three and there are no "baby daddies". I'm a staunch right wing republican and a professional cosmetologist (hair, nails, makeup etc) working my tail off to make my own way in this world. I breastfed my kids and rewarded myself with a boob job to put back what the breastfeeding fairy took away. I believe in tough love, rules, boundaries, discipline and follow through. My kids do not rule the roost. They say yes ma'am, no ma'am, yes please and no thank you. Because of the values and respect that I've taught them, other people don't mind being around them. I spanked my kids just like my mom spanked me and we've all turned out fine. We're a hard playin', fun lovin' family. This is me, take it or leave it.

itsallabtthem84
by on Nov. 14, 2011 at 5:21 PM
I had a vaginal hysterectomy. Best decision I ever made. I stayed in the hospital for 3 day, but after the 2nd day, I felt great. It has way lest recovery time then if you get cut open.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)