Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Food Coloring and Bath Time fun

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2011 at 10:13 AM
  • 12 Replies

Okay, so with all these idea's around on pinterest with adding food coloring in bath water, etc..has anyone done this? Do your kiddo's come out stained or normal? lmbo. That's the only thing that's holding me back..cause my luck I would put food coloring in the bathtub for Samuel to have fun in and he would come out that color..or is that stupid concern? :P

by on Nov. 16, 2011 at 10:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MarciaD
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 1:06 PM

Please don't do that. All kids react to artificial food dyes--so much that in the UK and some countries in Europe now carry a warning label how they are linked to ADHD.

choff2685
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 1:48 PM

I would think they would get stained LOL. I think its worth looking into. Put some water in a cup and stick your finger in it. I would think after a prolonged amount of time you would tint your skin, but nothing soap and water couldn't wash off after. I am also not worried about some reaction to dyes either personally. But everyone has their own opinions. 

splatz
by Sarah on Nov. 18, 2011 at 2:16 PM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by Sarah on Nov. 18, 2011 at 2:18 PM
We have used bath fizzies that change the color of the water. We had some that were sesame street and some that were by crayola. And they didn't stain. Might make for a fun stocking stuffer. ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsnoble2004
by ♥Arlene♥ on Nov. 18, 2011 at 3:12 PM

Stuff meant to change the color of bath water I don't have a problem with. However if you think about it, it's going to take a lot of food coloring to change the color of a bath. It seems like it would tint your hair especially if you are blond and it would more than likely stain your towels. I know I have a stain in the carpet from red food coloring from dh trying to make his own colored bubbles and it got spilled.

Pammi86
by Pamela on Nov. 18, 2011 at 3:58 PM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kaylarand
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 4:00 PM

You'd have to put A LOT of food coloring in that tub for him to come out blue...or red...or purple...or whatever. haha

They sell tablets that change the color of bath water, I've used those, but never food coloring. I don't know why I didn't think about it. It'd be much cheaper than those tablets! haha

jltplk25
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2011 at 4:05 PM
I would stick with what I knew was safe. Landon has sensitive skin so ive not tried anything that changed the bath water.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 18, 2011 at 8:06 PM

I have never used food coloring but there are bath dyes I've used.

AltiesMom
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:26 AM

I colour my son's bathwater with food colouring all the time.  You only need a few drops to colour the water - about the same amount as you would use for a birthday cake, or even less.  It does not stain his skin, the bathtub, wash cloths or anything.  His hair is platinum blonde, and it has never changed colour, even if we used a little more colouring.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)