Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

I currently pay $730 a month for our 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom, 1060 sqft apartment. This does not include the $50 extra a month I pay to have my 5lb Chinese Crested, $13 a month that is a REQUIRED fee for TRASH SERVICE, $5 a month for a required maint fee (even if I dont need maintenance that month), and my water/sewer bill is generally about $50 a month. All in all, I generally pay $815 a month total.

I got my lease renewal information today.. LOOK AT THE PRICES!! JESUS!!!!!!!!! This is ONLY rent.  Not any other fees you're required to pay.. AND if I want "covered parking" I'll pay an extra $50 a month, or if I wanna go ALL OUT and get a garage- I'll pay an extra $95!!

God forbid if I want to only sign our lease for 3 months so that my son can finish second grade without having to move in the middle of 2nd semester!

I CAN BUY A HOUSE FOR THIS KIND OF MONTHLHY RENT!

by on Nov. 16, 2011 at 12:33 PM
Replies (11-12):
Pammi86
by Pamela on Nov. 16, 2011 at 3:12 PM
I hear ya! In St. Louis, MONTH I am paying $675 for a 2 bedroom 1 bath apartment and to me that's high! I was paying $440 for a one bedroom before. The cost of living is insane! Not to mention that jobs aren't increasing pay rates, atleast for us! And the apartment wasn't even ready like it should have been when we moved in! Its like we barely are making it and they gave us a heads up that rent might increase next year but def the year after! It sucks! And to the lady in Cali, we all know the cost of living is higher there but so is the wages you make at your jobs! Now, places like MO and TN should not be this high and that's why she is complaining! And with good reason!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IWannaLoveAgain
by on Nov. 16, 2011 at 5:48 PM

I was paying $600 a month for an apartment complex right up the street from me, was supposed to be a gated community- except the gate was ALWAYS broken and open!! There were 3 shooting at this apartment complex the year I was there, a man who lived above me was arrested for messing with a 13 yr old girl, and in the winter time- my heat bill was at least $360 a month! for a 980 sqft apartment! I moved here, because I thought $130 extra a month was WORTH IT, if all that is what I got for $600.. its a much nicer apartment, gated- gates work-, they are newer, its pretty quiet there- my upstairs neighbors either fight or throw their furniture around...?, but i just dont think that paying that much money is worth is- especially if i can have a mortgage pmt for the same amount! i plan on buying beginning of 2013.. til then, guess I'm stuck with over paying!! ugh!

Quoting Pammi86:

I hear ya! In St. Louis, MONTH I am paying $675 for a 2 bedroom 1 bath apartment and to me that's high! I was paying $440 for a one bedroom before. The cost of living is insane! Not to mention that jobs aren't increasing pay rates, atleast for us! And the apartment wasn't even ready like it should have been when we moved in! Its like we barely are making it and they gave us a heads up that rent might increase next year but def the year after! It sucks! And to the lady in Cali, we all know the cost of living is higher there but so is the wages you make at your jobs! Now, places like MO and TN should not be this high and that's why she is complaining! And with good reason!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN