Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Hello Mom's - I need advice

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2011 at 4:07 PM
  • 27 Replies

I am the mother of a 10 month old son.I am a college student and a wife.

My son is driving me insane today. He has never been a crier everyone has always said what a good baby he is .

The thing is he is 10 months old and walking. He has learned to climb so he has started  to climb everything.  He gets into everything and the word no has zero efect on him. I will tell him NO and move him and he will go right back to what he was doing or find something else to do he sould not be doing.

He is driving me nuts getting in to everything. My living room has been baby proffed for the most part so he is baby gated in there. With all of his toys. He has started climbing the gates.

Someone give me some advice please

by on Nov. 16, 2011 at 4:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jltplk25
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2011 at 4:59 PM
At this age talking doesn't mean anything. Redirection and distraction are your best bets. He's going to get into everything...he's mobile, curious, and wants to learn about his environment. It's what kids do.

Now is he crying too? You mentioned he isn't a crier but that's it. So is it his climbing that's driving you batty, the crying, or both?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kcrigsby
by on Nov. 16, 2011 at 5:07 PM
1 mom liked this

The climbing of every single thing 

splatz
by Sarah on Nov. 16, 2011 at 5:45 PM
3 moms liked this
Welcome to toddlerhood!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 16, 2011 at 7:22 PM
1 mom liked this

My dd was the exact same way. Eventually she stopped climbing and started listening - a little. Sounds like a typical tot from my experiences.

steffiecox
by on Nov. 16, 2011 at 7:27 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm having the same problem with my 8 month old.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jltplk25
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2011 at 8:50 PM
2 moms liked this
It's a very common stage in toddlerhood. Just redirect and distract especially of it's dangerous. Try not to let it bother you too much- before you know it they'll be grown.
:-(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armywife1229
by on Nov. 16, 2011 at 10:12 PM

Its probably just a stage. Is he looking for attention? The crying may be teething or a growth spurt.

cookinmommyof1
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2011 at 9:10 AM
My son is 2 1/2 ans still climbs everything in sight. It seems nothing works to get him to stop. If he's teething, I recommend hilands teething tablets. They worksed like magic with my son. Maybe get one of those little indoor step 2 plastic slides. Might distract him from climbing on things he isn't supposed to
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovelyLauren55
by on Nov. 17, 2011 at 9:44 PM

Redirection, get him interested in something else when he gets into stuff he shouldnt

MamaMendoza2631
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 1:14 AM

I have the same problem with my 19month old son. He recently mastered the baby gate. He learned how to stand on a box then get up on the dining room table! I will remove him so many times but he just keeps going back! LOL. I figure its useless to have the baby gate if he knows how to climb over it. But I'm thinking of getting another kind of gate to keep out things.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)