Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Took the kids to the doctor today

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 8:37 PM
  • 10 Replies
Landon was down right miserable yesterday coughing and since he's 4, I can't buy just any OTC medicine. On top of that Lexi was up every hour last night crying, coughing, stopped up, etc.

I hate taking them in to see the doctor since 90% of the time it's viral. I'm glad I paid my $50 today! Landons did turn out to be viral and I was (finally!) told what meds and dose I could give him. Lexi, on the other hand, had a low grade fever and it turns out she has an ear infection. :( I have a prescription for antibiotics and some Tylenol. Poor thing just looks down right pitiful!! Here's hoping she sleeps through the night tonight so she can get over this quicker.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 8:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 18, 2011 at 8:38 PM

I hope they feel better soon.

mrsnoble2004
by ♥Arlene♥ on Nov. 18, 2011 at 8:58 PM

my oldest has the viral thing too. She's been coughing all night no matter what you give her. She sleeps through it. Lucky for her because I haven't had a decent night of sleep since last weekend.

jltplk25
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2011 at 10:28 PM
Thanks. Landon is doing a bit better after taking a nap. He went to bed at 8 too. I gave Lexi a dose of Tylenol but an hour later her temp was 100.8*. I wish I had drops for her ear to at least numb it. :-/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aleta775
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 10:37 PM

Poor babies. I hope they both get better soon. My dd got a stomach bug, and she threw up at dinner. That was just....lovely. UGH! Anyway, she was acting so whiny and that's not like her. So, when she threw up it was like, "Oh! THAT'S what's wrong with you." We got her cleaned up and put to bed early.

splatz
by Sarah on Nov. 18, 2011 at 10:51 PM
Hope they feel better!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaSulli2005
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 11:05 PM
Ugh, I did the same thing yesterday. My 7mos old was coughing like a smoker(we don't smoke and they are rarely around anyone who does). He has an ear infection as well, oh and 2 new teeth coming in.
jltplk25
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2011 at 10:03 AM
Lexi hasn't gotten all of hers yet so I'm curious if that could be part of it. The doctor never looked in her mouth after he saw the ear infection. I doubt she would have let him anyway. She is one super stubborn child! Lol

Quoting MamaSulli2005:

Ugh, I did the same thing yesterday. My 7mos old was coughing like a smoker(we don't smoke and they are rarely around anyone who does). He has an ear infection as well, oh and 2 new teeth coming in.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Nov. 19, 2011 at 10:52 AM

Hope they get to feeling better soon.

LadyJaneof3
by on Nov. 19, 2011 at 12:37 PM

Awwww I hope the little ones get better real soon.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2011 at 12:49 PM

My...hope they both get better real soon.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)