Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Baby Doll Dilemma

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2011 at 1:13 PM
  • 223 Replies
3 moms liked this

Not sure if anyone has posted this yet, so sorry in advance if this is a double post.

Watching the video says it all, but Toys R Us is selling a baby doll for babies 2+ that says "Bi***." It lets you hear it in the video as well. Not sure how to start a petition to get it removed from the shelves so I'm hoping another mama knows how and we can get this ridiculous thing gone!!!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/19/cursing-baby-doll-upsets-_n_1103434.html

EDIT: Petition started, thanks to whomever suggested change.org!!!

http://www.change.org/petitions/toys-r-us-and-you-me-interactive-pull-the-cursing-baby-dolls-from-the-shelf

by on Nov. 20, 2011 at 1:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 20, 2011 at 4:08 PM

Wow it does sound like the baby says bitch but Idk...

mrsnoble2004
by on Nov. 20, 2011 at 4:10 PM

my dd used to have a elmo that sounded like it said dildo. Needless to say she didn't get to play with it very long.

splatz
by Sarah on Nov. 20, 2011 at 5:08 PM
Crazy. I just watched a few videos about it on You Tube.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofsixangels
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2011 at 5:48 PM
3 moms liked this

Who would buy it?I remember when teletubbies had a doll that sounded like it said bite my butt.

Teeshann
by Member on Nov. 20, 2011 at 6:09 PM

LOL wow. glad my daughter doesn't want those dolls.

Lilysmomma84
by on Nov. 20, 2011 at 7:45 PM
3 moms liked this

I rember one of the Teletubbies dolls "allegedly" said Daddy Faggot .... I have no idear what it was , sometimes in white noise or bacground noise we here things that where not intentaly there , Think about all the lyrics in songs that are miss quoated because of our ears hearing the wrong things , .....I always think about the Ghost hunters shows , and they replay the recoding they got of a ghost saying something , If i'm not looking at the Tv and not seeing what the producers wrote on the screen as to what this ghost is saying , it sounds like white noise , or background sounds ... but they play it again and you see whats on the screen and yea ... it does sound like ...." Get out " or whatever ... so I really dont know

Quoting momofsixangels:

Who would buy it?I remember when teletubbies had a doll that sounded like it said bite my butt.

Mom2Addison12
by on Nov. 20, 2011 at 7:53 PM

My daughter has a doll that said "Mommy please don't hit me."

I swear it said it. But then when I tried it for five minutes it wouldn't say it.

But I think they need to take this off the market.

Pammi86
by Pamela on Nov. 21, 2011 at 12:10 AM
Interesting.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Queen_Bree
by on Nov. 21, 2011 at 12:41 AM
6 moms liked this

everyone is talking about what the doll sounds like it says but no one has told what the manufacturer is saying it says. Lots of sounds get distorted in recording and if we knew what the words actually were we may be like "OH! thats what it said! lol who knows. I watched and it does sound like it on the video but it may only be a fluke. IDK I have no input as to how to get a petition statred

The_Doodle
by on Nov. 21, 2011 at 12:45 AM
42 moms liked this

...is it wrong that I find this hilarious? Plus, that lady that said she thought they should be burned looked kinda crazy...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN