Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Mother/Sister in law. (LONG.)

Posted by   + Show Post

So me and Brandon, my fiance are getting married May 20th.

His mother and sister have never really liked me, we were together 3 years ago, and they said I was pushing my daughter on him. IT was his decision. We broke up.

Now flash forward to three years later, we are now back together and planning our wedding.

Well we did our engagement pictures, my mom did them, she's a photographer, was in the b usiness for 17 years. Well he wore his ACUs, he is planning on getting back in the military. Well his sister made a negative comment about just about every single picture.I let that go.

Then, I posted about how I lost the hubby to the Xbox last week, she of course said "Not your husband yet." I let that go as well.

So we then found a cake for the wedding that we really really loved. It's the Nittany Lion from Penn State, on the rock, and then the bottom round peice will be a hockey puck for Brandon. Well his sister commented and said "I don't think you should be doing that f or a wedding cake, don't you want something more traditional?" I said "No, this is our wedding, and this is what we decided on." Well my mother and some other friends commented. She turned and said that I need to have a more traditional cake because I don't wanna look back on my day and be upset that I had a cake that's non traditional. She told me that I posted on FB for opinions, and she was going to post her opinions about the wedding because it's her brothers wedding, and her husband is the best man, so her opinions matter.

I said "Thanks for your opinion, but I didn't really care if her husband was the best man, it wasn't her wedding, and she didn't need to be negative."I did delete her off FB.

Well his mom and sister, got upset with me and him of course, and his mom told him that I was ruining the family.

His mother hasn't even called him or spoke to us in weeks.

How do you deal with bad in laws?

by on Nov. 22, 2011 at 8:39 PM
Replies (11-11):
kjbennett26
by on Nov. 23, 2011 at 11:11 AM

If she really is like this and doesnt care to change...cut her out of your life...period...make sure she knows that included all grandchildren currently and to come...I wouldnt tolerate that BS and Id say something to her face.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN