Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Soon to be mom of 3 afraid to announce pregnancy for fear of being judged.. :-(

Posted by on Nov. 25, 2011 at 10:59 PM
  • 44 Replies

My Husband and I are happily married with two beautiful children. I am a SAHM.  We have a 3yr old dd and a 5mo old ds. We just found out this morning that we are expecting again. Although it came as quite a surprise to us, we are happy to welcome a new addition to our family (and our last!) but I am afraid that when the time comes to announce our pregnancy, some of our family and friends might look down on it because of just having a second baby. Has anyone else had these feelings before? How did you do it?

I know that all that matters is what my husband and I think, but I do love my family and care what they think to some extent as well. I know it would really hurt my feelings if my mother (one of which who's response I'm worried about) was very negative about it.

Thanks for reading! Look forward to hearing from you!

by on Nov. 25, 2011 at 10:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
allhalls
by on Nov. 25, 2011 at 11:53 PM

When my youngest son was about 3 months old I found out I was pregnant again. I was freaking out!! I always wanted 3 kids but I knew my family would throw a fit!! When we told my mother she was surprisingly happy but when it came to my grandmother.....she FLIPPED out!! I ended up having a miscarriage but not until I had already told everyone! Just know that even if your family freaks a little when you tell them, they will probably come around and be happy for you in the long run. And you always have us CMers you can turn to if you need to vent!! Good luck momma and congrats!! 

opinionatedmom
by on Nov. 25, 2011 at 11:55 PM
2 moms liked this

people are going to judge you no matter what you do so just live your life and be happy

Pammi86
by Pamela on Nov. 26, 2011 at 12:30 AM
Bump! Good luck momma!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
parentto4
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:42 AM
1 mom liked this

You should not worry about what otherpeople think this baby is a gift from God, and he does not make mistakes. I have a 7 year old then I had 3 back to back I have a 4 yr old a 3 yr old and a 2 yr old, I had 3 babies in 3 yrs. I do get judged quite often but I have learned to say I am blessed, God gave me these babies. I would not change anything about having them back to back they are all super close and love each other so much. My 3 oldest are boys and our last one turned out to be a beautiful little girl, I feel as if we are complete now. Keep your head up and remember God is giving them to you for a reason. Good luck and I will pray for you and your families peace over this.

LadyJaneof3
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:10 AM

Listen...it's no one's business (and yes that includes family) but yours and hubbys if you have more kiddos.  Heck, you can have a dozen and it still wouldn't be anyone's business.  I say congrats, enjoy this soon to be bundle of joy and don't worry.  What matters is what's under your roof and that you and DH are on the same page.

congratulations

goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:12 AM

Congrats! You can't control what people are going to say. As long as you're happy that's all that counts.

SerenityBerry
by Member on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:25 AM

First of all Congratulations!

Secondly, inital responses may be a little mixed but I am sure your family will warm up to the idea of a third before the baby arrives. Don't worry so much about inital respones, some people take a while to sort out their thoughts especially when it comes to unexpected news which tends to lead to foot in mouth syndrome. As long as you and your husband are happy then the rest of the family will come around sooner or later.

mrsnoble2004
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:56 AM

I agree

Quoting goddess99:

Congrats! You can't control what people are going to say. As long as you're happy that's all that counts.

coolbreeze0717
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 10:09 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree with ALL of the above, esp the one who said we're always going to be judged no matter what. I had SIX kids all very close in age & people were always aghast at me being pregnant again, but we just ignored them & went about our way. My (now-ex) husband had come up with a line that always shut people up. When they'd say something like "HOW many kids are you gonna have" he'd look them dead in the eye & say, "Well, you know, when you find out what you're good at, you stick with it." Shut 'em up every time.

Also, esp now that my kids are grown, my parents are enjoying the fruits of my labor (!) VERY much. They're all awesome kids & its so much fun seeing what they're doing with their lives. And believe me, the time will go faster than you think.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coolbreeze0717
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 10:11 AM
One other thing, my kids are all very close because they are close in age. Other people are surprised to see how close they are & they wish their kids were like that. So just enjoy it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN