Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Soon to be mom of 3 afraid to announce pregnancy for fear of being judged.. :-(

Posted by   + Show Post

My Husband and I are happily married with two beautiful children. I am a SAHM.  We have a 3yr old dd and a 5mo old ds. We just found out this morning that we are expecting again. Although it came as quite a surprise to us, we are happy to welcome a new addition to our family (and our last!) but I am afraid that when the time comes to announce our pregnancy, some of our family and friends might look down on it because of just having a second baby. Has anyone else had these feelings before? How did you do it?

I know that all that matters is what my husband and I think, but I do love my family and care what they think to some extent as well. I know it would really hurt my feelings if my mother (one of which who's response I'm worried about) was very negative about it.

Thanks for reading! Look forward to hearing from you!

by on Nov. 25, 2011 at 10:59 PM
Replies (41-44):
piesmama09
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 6:23 PM
1 mom liked this

O.K. I'll judge you! It's great, congrats, and if anyone gives you any crap about it just walk away  :)

alw06tchs
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 9:50 PM

i have a 4 year old step daughter and 12month old and a 9wk old.. my 12month old and 9wk old are both preemies and are 10 months apart... i found out i was pregnant with 9wk old when my 12month old was 3months old... i was scared i had a scary pregnancy with my 12month old and she almost didnt make it.. i was just scared htat it was going ot happen agian... we waited to tell everyone until i was like 13wks and then we told everyone...

Mom2jngnc
by Member on Nov. 28, 2011 at 8:41 AM

Honestly, don't worry. My kids are 4 yrs apart (on average), and I got all kinds of comments each time. I really don't see a difference in spacing and family opinion.

irisheyes1283
by on Nov. 28, 2011 at 2:30 PM

Thanks everyone for your support , I guess I just needed to know that I'm not the only one who is going through this (or has gone through this), I am def not going to announce to anyone until I'm past 12 weeks, I didn't with my second one either, just to make sure we're past the most critical stage. It is very intimidating to think of adding another child to our family so soon but I know it will all work out in the long run, I think just trying to tell myself to take it one day at a time will help.lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN